Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

KA7Dh0vl.jpg

DodLs1wl.jpg

An SP Cadillac, actually, an EMD SD7 noted by the crews for being very comfortable hence the name. She is seen in the yard at Benson Arkansas. I like the proportions of these low powered but useful locomotives, they have the feel of a steam engine to my mind. I think it’s the long hood reminiscent of a boiler.

Photo Peter M

Peter M

• Like 16

N1wFSIhl.jpg

A Kodachrome 2000hp EMD GP38-2 in the bright merger colours that never happened. The merger being between the Santa Fe and Southern Pacific, some locos were painted with the SPSF some suggested this meant shouldn’t paint so fast. Several hundred locos from both companies were painted in fact.

Photo Peter M

Peter M

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

hWjzIGml.jpg

A bird’s eye view of the East yard at Benson showing a Burlington & Northern end cab yard switcher still wearing its original Great Northern paint job. She is pushing a cut of empty pulp wood cars into the loading siding, where the pulp wood is loaded directly from trucks. The loaded cars are then taken south on the Rock Island line to a large mill in Louisiana were the lumber is pulped for making board or paper.

Photo by Peter M

Peter M

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Gardens in N.  I wonder how Mr 34 Belgrave Terrace, Croft Spa broke his leg?  

233303539_brokenleg.jpg.9d4adc2e46f9175e5e0a0b75080e9971.jpg

Mrs 32 Belgrave Terrace has a goat for a lawn mower.  I must get round to making a tether for it so it doesn't escape.

Les

• Like 11

3BKyDoFl.jpg

T6FfNCVl.jpg

#63 a GE 60 tonner, is passing the yard master’s grounded caboose in the east yard at Benson with a cut of loaded pulp wood cars. Normally used on track maintenance work she is used occasionally switching the yard when the usual yard switcher is employed elsewhere.

Photo Peter M

Peter M

• Like 11