Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

H0H5BdHl.jpg

pAuA8z0l.jpg

7dYXh9yl.jpg

The Talbot Valley Rail Road 60 tonner #43 once belonged to Bethlehem Steel where she worked in a steel mill. Now she has exchanged heavy industry for the relative quiet of switching cars in a forestry environment since she was purchased by the TVRR. She is seen in the west yard at Benson with a Rock Island wooden gondola.

Photos Peter M

Peter M

Edited by Broadoak
spaces
  • Like 15

Three more visitors to Benson, all from the same railroad, The Bangor & Aroostook, but all with different liveries.

nJdPrvhl.jpg

First up is the most modern being an EMD GP 38 #83 in a dark blue with yellow lettering and silver trucks, seen rolling over the crossing into the west yard at Benson.

JDvk4jpl.jpg

Next is an EMD GP7 #60 in red, grey and black with white stripes and silver trucks, with a cut of loaded pulpwood cars.

PzXiTp4l.jpg

The last is another EMD GP7 #562 wearing a blue and white scheme with yellow stripes and silver trucks, she is seen switching loaded pulpwood cars in Benson east yard.

Photos by Andy Knott

Peter M

• Like 18

Another visitor to Benson this time a 2400 HP Alco RSD15 # 2403, they were available as either a high or low hood. Rail fans dubbed the low short hood version “Alligators” The loco featured is owned by the Lake Superior & Ishpeming Railroad, a short line in Michigan.

Popular with rail fans if not the railroads themselves as only 75 were built.

neYyPOUl.jpg

t8ma97Tl.jpg

ztjQ4Bnl.jpg

Photos by Andy Knott

Peter M

• Like 15

A short running session featuring one of my Bachmann Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway 7F Class 2-8-0s, No. 53810, edited with real sound. 
Sounds are provided by preserved class members from my sound collection, captured at various Gala and Preserved Railways over the past few years.
Here we see No. 53810 in BR late black, with typical weathered finished, hauling a short goods train.
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 10

Not one of mine, this time, though I  added the hedge and grass in the foreground. The line between the hedge and the fence is a baseboard join.

117215162_backstanleystreet.jpg.16a7240034029b74c2918ef659a86c95.jpg

Stanley Terrace was built by the late Trevor Webster as an entry in the N-gauge Society's annual model making competition.  It won.  When we built "Rise Park" Trevor gifted a number of his winning buildings as well as making some new ones.  The yard that was attached to the right of Stanley Terrace originally was relocated to the front of the layout, and a different yard (also a Buildings Cup winner) added to the end- the one that can just be seen.  The brewery in the background was built specially for the layout, but I can't remember whether by Trevor or Geoff Warren.

The original of this terrace stood in Newark on Trent, behind Northgate Station.  The two-storey row opposite still stands.

Les

Edited by Les1952
typos as usual
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Broadoak said:

wLKnnj4l.jpg

A night time visitor this time a Green Bay & Western Alco RS27 #316 seen passing the grade crossing next to the store at Benson’s west yard.

Photo by Andy Knott

Peter M

That is superb.  Hard to decide whether it's a model or the real thing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, SDJR7F88 said:

A short running session featuring one of my Bachmann Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway 7F Class 2-8-0s, No. 53810, edited with real sound. 
Sounds are provided by preserved class members from my sound collection, captured at various Gala and Preserved Railways over the past few years.
Here we see No. 53810 in BR late black, with typical weathered finished, hauling a short goods train.
Hope you enjoy!

Hi Callum,

That looks really good and the whole setting seems very 'North Somerset'.

The only thing that would further enhance the scene, in my view, is some line-side fencing, because the immediate railway environs just seem a little too open?