Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

ROOQyXDl.jpg

This visitor is a locomotive that Andy Knott won in an NMRA raffle, he always buys tickets but this is his first win, which happened to be the first prize.

Union Pacific #8334 is an EMD SD70ACe seen here in the east yard at Benson.

Photo by Andy Knott

Peter M

• Like 13

orHq623l.jpg

I have always thought the Union Pacific livery attractive and as the UP had tracks in Arkansas I bought an EMD GP40-2 for working on my layout.

#1349 is seen here at Colonel’s Crossing spotting a Rock Island covered hopper at the Farmer’s Coop elevator.

Photo Andy Knott

Peter M

• Like 11

On 10/05/2021 at 20:23, alanbuttler said:

847976596_5801-BarmouthLow.jpg.d80ea0c6defeb0db39c057e82c9d937f.jpg

Barmouth 1958.

58xx Class 0-4-2T No 5801 basks in the warm July sun prior to working its next duty.

The giveaway to it being a model is the depth of field is too good for a vintage photo- superb.

8 hours ago, John Besley said:

And the missing tie bar on the front brake hanger...

If you look hard enough there are other ways in which the model doesn't quite look like the prototype- the plastic cab sheets are thicker than scale steel, the wheel centres are different etc 

BUT this doesn't take anything away from the fact this is a superb photograph that will more than stand inspection from the majority of folks who aren't nit pickers like you and me......

Les 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

EYGfgeZl.jpg

Having now got one UP locomotive on the roster I bought another to to keep her company.

This version though is a GP40x #95, in reality built to try out some experimental updates that might be applied to later models. She is seen here in west yard at Benson coupled behind my standard GP40-2. The most obvious external differences are she has different trucks and flared radiator air intakes.

Photo by Andy Knott

Peter M

• Like 6