Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

O Gauge GWR Loco Coal Wagon just about finished last night. Needs the wheel rims cleaning off to complete. Built from a Slaters kit.

Cheers, Ade.

25B12267-8F12-4272-ABCF-C767D8E72C9B.jpeg.f6771bbb5b0ceb4e9aa28987c676f13f.jpeg

I see nothing in this picture that says; its not the real thing, Ade, just superb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another one of my attempts at modeling an era of modeling, rather than modeling an era, if that makes any sense.

8D8DEBEA-20BE-4C7F-A613-CA76A16728F4.jpeg.82fc86a2f306443c549bb03ad99e50f6.jpeg
Figure 1: Work being carried out on a clockwork Bing for Bassett Lowke ex LNWR George the Fifth, circa 1924.

The actual engine in the photo is indeed a clockwork Bing for Bassett Lowke George the Fifth, made in late 1911.

Douglas

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

2 hours ago, Florence Locomotive Works said:

Another one of my attempts at modeling an era of modeling, rather than modeling an era, if that makes any sense.

8D8DEBEA-20BE-4C7F-A613-CA76A16728F4.jpeg.82fc86a2f306443c549bb03ad99e50f6.jpeg
Figure 1: Work being carried out on a clockwork Bing for Bassett Lowke ex LNWR George the Fifth, circa 1924.

The actual engine in the photo is indeed a clockwork Bing for Bassett Lowke George the Fifth, made in late 1911.

Douglas

That’s a really interesting take on the subject matter. Very good I must say.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cowley 47521 said:

I absolutely love that. Without looking it up I think it’s an AEC Mandator?

Mammoth Major. It started out as an Oxford diescast Hoveringham tipper. I repainted it, added my own decals, some details, and the hooklift body, which is a 3D-print.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Ruston said:

Mammoth Major. It started out as an Oxford diescast Hoveringham tipper. I repainted it, added my own decals, some details, and the hooklift body, which is a 3D-print.

Silly question when was that type of demountable body introduced? ....

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Do you have a layout topic ?

Unfortunately no, John. I just enjoy attempting to recreate the railway in the South during the 1950s-60s as I remembered it - whenever I get the chance.

• Like 1

A short running session featuring my Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway Hornby 2P Class 4-4-0 edited with real sound. 
Sounds are provided by a number of similar locomotives from my sound collection, captured at various Gala and Preserved Railways over the past few years.
Here we see S&DJR 2P 4-4-0, No.44 hauling a local passenger train, consisting of mixture of 4 & 6 wheel coaches in matching S&DJR Prussian blue livery.
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Right Away said:

Unfortunately no, John. I just enjoy attempting to recreate the railway in the South during the 1950s-60s as I remembered it - whenever I get the chance.

Love what you do, look forward to seeing more as it reminds me of my childhood...

• Thanks 1