Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

The new Bachmann one?

Yes, I had to check the 0O00 headcode alignment to be sure, though I understand the SLW one has the holes in the wheels too, which are missing on the Bachmann one. I’m after a Bachmann ‘Experiment’ when it comes out, having missed the SLW one. Bachmann have got the cab roof correct unlike their earlier ones which made me squint!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 97406 said:

Yes, I had to check the 0O00 headcode alignment to be sure, though I understand the SLW one has the holes in the wheels too, which are missing on the Bachmann one. I’m after a Bachmann ‘Experiment’ when it comes out, having missed the SLW one. Bachmann have got the cab roof correct unlike their earlier ones which made me squint!

Yes a quick renumber,underframe dirt wash on bogies, matt varnish and black pigment powders on roof .

• RMweb Gold
On 13/07/2021 at 12:59, GRUNFOS said:

Yes a quick renumber,underframe dirt wash on bogies, matt varnish and black pigment powders on roof .

DSCF0188.jpg.5a68ad57b2ff2001354a3382b3cca6c0.jpg

Here’s mine, with a friend from the future.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium
On 12/07/2021 at 07:32, Andrew P said:

Once again, looking down from the Mills Lane embankment and this time I caught the new Resident Shunter, 08, No 08740 and a Brake Van. Bill is off to check the Turbots.

I normally have cod, but whatever floats your boat.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, John Besley said:

Funny how Agfa colour transparency went like that compared to kodachrome 64

K64, yes. I well remember waiting for my transparencies to return from processing and then putting them into the projector magazine ar*e uppards.

Two 36 exposure rolls would have to do for a two week holiday in the West Country and could even squeeze an extra couple of shots per roll if frugal when loading the spool of my AE-1.  By comparison, had a bit of “finger trouble” when using my iPhone‘s camera yesterday and it banged out over 30 shots at once!

Whoops, apologies. Straying from topic.

Edited by Right Away
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Right Away said:

Straying from topic.

Oh, what fun trying to load the slide magazine correctly first time. I never did crack that one. As I worked in the west end, I used to pop down to Joe's basement in Soho. They did a very good and swift turnaround with slide film.

12 hours ago, Right Away said:

Two 36 exposure rolls would have to do for a two week holiday in the West Country and could even squeeze an extra couple of shots per roll if frugal when loading the spool of my AE-1.  By comparison, had a bit of “finger trouble” when using my iPhone‘s camera yesterday and it banged out over 30 shots at once!

As a keen photographer lecturing in Camera Clubs I could not afford to be frugal with film if I wanted sufficient material for the coming club season.

The last holiday I shot on film was Lake Garda in 2004 when I used 34 rolls of Fuji slide film.

Once digital cameras became available at a reasonable price for good quality I switched to digital, staying with Nikon as I used all my film lenses on a digital camera.

Four years ago we went to Malta, came back with ~2,700 images of which just under 300 appear in the sequences I showed in Camera Clubs

Dave

• Like 3