Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, John Besley said:

Spot on, my Father provided plenty of pictures to B&B for their WR and SR books along with helping edit / proof read the Westcountry WR & SR books there are a couple of pictures on the Torrington line where I appear as a very small boy .... wish I could find those books now...

That is interesting; I thought your surname rang a bell somewhere. I have a couple of the SR books (unfortunately not the west country themed volumes) where J R Besley appears in some of the photo credits.  If you can’t find those books, you are still very fortunate in having the memory of those photographic locations and events.

Incidentally, the ‘bay often shows used Bradford Barton for sale.

Edited by Right Away
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just completed today,Motor Vessel WHITE SWAN Built 1922, wrecked 1956. HO scale Sylvan Scale Models resin kit, built much as the kit with railings and the ships boat replaced, plus some other details added as seen in the the prototype photos, found five on line, pictured on my Fulton Terminal layout.

IMG_0538.JPG

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

The last few photos are superb enough, but the first two are so realistic, I simply cannot tell the difference. I think these might be the most realistic model photos I have ever seen.

I would have to agree there CK, and for once, I think the colour shot is as good as the B&W one - its got that atmosphere thing down perfectly.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

The last few photos are superb enough, but the first two are so realistic, I simply cannot tell the difference. I think these might be the most realistic model photos I have ever seen.

Thank you 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, LBRJ said:

I would have to agree there CK, and for once, I think the colour shot is as good as the B&W one - its got that atmosphere thing down perfectly.

Typical of the era of colour photographs 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1