Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Bulleidboy100 said:

I know - have I missed something in the process of downloading directly to the forum rather than using Flickr?

I always save pictures to my PC, resize them choosing the best ones and transfer them to my phone as jpegs loading them from my album files - simply as my PC has rubbish internet on account of the  so use my phone all the time for everything internet related

Hope this helps, how do you handle yours or anyone else?

57 minutes ago, John Besley said:

I always save pictures to my PC, resize them choosing the best ones and transfer them to my phone as jpegs loading them from my album files - simply as my PC has rubbish internet on account of the  so use my phone all the time for everything internet related

Hope this helps, how do you handle yours or anyone else?

I do tend once having taken a picture with my phone, send it to my laptop, and then download it to my Flickr account. I keep very few "train" pictures on my laptop. Next time I take a picture that I can/could post on here I'll give it another go. Many thanks. 

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Bulleidboy100 said:

I do tend once having taken a picture with my phone, send it to my laptop, and then download it to my Flickr account. I keep very few "train" pictures on my laptop. Next time I take a picture that I can/could post on here I'll give it another go. Many thanks. 

Very good look forward to it, the issue I have with Flicker is should it crash as happened before and picture posted from there will vanish as it's not embedded on this site, also If anyone closes a Flicker account then their pictures vanish off here for good

19 minutes ago, SouthernBlue80s said:

Great picture. What was your base Model for the conversion to 31 418?

31111? As I would like to do the same myself 

Hi. It’s the Hornby 31 102 (skinhead) and modelled as the un-refurbished 31 418 in early 1987, the Hornby model I found lacking the more prominent un-refurbished details such as the raised body stripe but still fitted the bill to convert to the 31/4, ETH jumper added and hopefully not too bad a representation of the celebrity machine.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 43110andyb said:

Hi. It’s the Hornby 31 102 (skinhead) and modelled as the un-refurbished 31 418 in early 1987, the Hornby model I found lacking the more prominent un-refurbished details such as the raised body stripe but still fitted the bill to convert to the 31/4, ETH jumper added and hopefully not too bad a representation of the celebrity machine.

It looks fantastic. Great work.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, 43110andyb said:

Silly question what was 31 418 famous for and why was 31 102 called a skinhead - did it have braces and Boover boots

1 hour ago, John Besley said:

Silly question what was 31 418 famous for and why was 31 102 called a skinhead - did it have braces and Boover boots

The skin head refers to not having the larger roof light unit fitted, it was a feature that not many class 31’s had and coupled with the white indicator disks gave that particular loco a individual look, it went on to be unofficially named Boadicea. 

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 43110andyb said:

The skin head refers to not having the larger roof light unit fitted, it was a feature that not many class 31’s had and coupled with the white indicator disks gave that particular loco a individual look, it went on to be unofficially named Boadicea. 

Did this loco go on to receive Fragonset black livery and do work for Wessex Trains?

27 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Did this loco go on to receive Fragonset black livery and do work for Wessex Trains?

I’m not sure that it did, I know that it’s going through a major restoration at Swanwick that’s been going on for some years now and includes putting back the bufferbeam skirting etc.

Not sure when it last ran but I think it must have been a good couple of decades ago now.

• Informative/Useful 2