Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

Yet another Loco from my Holiday painting efforts. This time a Gresley K3 2-6-0 in BR mixed traffic Livery - based at March 31B in the late 50's. Its in O Gauge again.

The full story of this and other recent re-paints are on my Blog (Website) - www.kelvinsrailways.com 

IMG_6879.JPG

IMG_6881.JPG

IMG_6880.JPG

IMG_6882.JPG

Edited by Kelvin B
  • Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

• RMweb Gold

Excellent modelling, but please don’t think I’m carping if I point out that the shed foreman would be chasing you up if you’d left locomotives afoul of the walking route like that, as would the fitters and leccies if they couldn’t shut the doors on a cold night…

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Excellent modelling, but please don’t think I’m carping if I point out that the shed foreman would be chasing you up if you’d left locomotives afoul of the walking route like that, as would the fitters and leccies if they couldn’t shut the doors on a cold night…

Your observations have been forwarded to the Middlemark director of public relations, who thanks you for your interest.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, The Johnster said:

If what I've seen at exhibitions and in other photos is anything to go by, it is a fairly common mistake, and you are by no means the only person making it, Darius...

It was just a photo-op on a still under-construction part of the layout.  The photos were then cropped to remove   out of scale items such as my coffee mug and my friend’s impressive collection of cacti* from view.  

As there are, as yet, no doors on the shed, the fitters are just going to have to suck it up.

Fear not however, as I will be sure to pass any photos I post here before your eyes** so that all lapses in proper railway procedure can be eliminated.

Cheers

Darius

* Currently wintering in the shed.

** Fat chance Seymour.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Your observations have been forwarded to the Middlemark director of public relations, who thanks you for your interest.

Ha ha! I can neither confirm nor deny that I may (or may not) have written letters like that in my railway career! ;):lol:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

A short running session featuring the all new Gresley LNER V2 2-6-2 from Bachmann edited with real sound. 
Sounds are provided by a number of similar locomotives from my sound collection, captured at various Gala and Preserved Railways over the past few years.
Here we see in No.4791 LNER lined apple green, hauling a luxurious Pullman service on the Peco loft layout, Peckwick Rye. 
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Cowley 47521 said:

A couple of log shunting (that doesn’t sound right :nono:) photos from me:

3F1A80E5-EEF6-4080-ABEB-A6E0067E8DC3.jpeg.ee16bc1f84e9e9774a0f0bf1f4e7fcd5.jpeg

If you have David Mitchell's book "Devon & Cornwall Railfreight" - turn to page 67. I reckon the photographer was standing just to your left...

• Like 1