Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

3 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

If you have David Mitchell's book "Devon & Cornwall Railfreight" - turn to page 67. I reckon the photographer was standing just to your left...

I haven’t got the book but I have seen that photo in my friends copy…

Really must get it actually, I’ll have a look to see if it’s available somewhere. :)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, brylonscamel said:

Box fresh realism?

Dad bought the new 'Caley' 0-6-0 in the run up to Christmas so I had a chance to play with it and take some photographs whilst making a festive visit.

I took  a few photos and posed it in front of the Braeside Junction signal box. I admit to knocking the colour back a little - the raw image off the camera is a bit vivid but otherwise it's pretty much as she fell out of the packaging, couplings and all. It shouldn't take much to fettle her into realism, which is always nice with a new model. 

braeside-trackside-07.jpg

Like my Dapol bullet wagons - far too nice to be weathered :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 07/01/2022 at 20:00, 33C said:

B.R.RRRRRRRRRR!  :D

'That wind, mate, got knives in it, straigh' orf the Urinals, you know, them mahntins in Russia, the Urinals.  I lives on the 23rd floor of my block in Acton, an' there's f*ck all in a straight line between me an' the Urinals' (Old Oak guard relieving me on a class 8 Radyr-Acton at Swindon on particularly bitter night in the winter of '73.  Had a look on my Reader's Digest Atlas when I got home, and he was right!).

5 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

E9C1A0E8-4D41-4AD9-8DA9-8E949A167774.jpeg.eec6599c3c1051daa5c261d91d82b0bc.jpeg

A pannier never offends.  The guy with the wheelbarrow is perfect; slight droop of the shoulders, downcast head, doesn't want to be there, fed up, can't go home for hours yet, will it ever end?  If that's a Modelu fireman I've got one in the same pose, and The Squeeze says he's lazy.

• Like 8

Meet the fleet...
A short running session featuring my complete collection of Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway (S&DJR) locomotives edited with real sound. 
Sounds are provided by a number of prototypical and similar locomotives from my sound collection, captured at various Gala and Preserved Railways over the past few years.
Here we see all my current S&DJR locomotives in action, hauling a mixture of passenger and goods consists, consisting of matching S&DJR and Private Owner stock.
Loco List (as featured);
S&DJR 1532 Class 0-4-4T, No.54 - Bachmann Collectors Club Limited Edition
S&DJR 2P 4-4-0, No.45 - Hornby
S&DJR Armstrong 4F 0-6-0, No.61 - Bachmann (Renumbered)
S&DJR 7F 2-8-0, No.89 - Bachmann
S&DJR 3F 'Jinty' 0-6-0T, No.23 - Bachmann
S&DJR Armstrong 4F 0-6-0, No.58 - Bachmann Collectors Club Limited Edition
S&DJR Johnson 3F 0-6-0, No.64 - Bachmann (Renumbered)
S&DJR Peckett W4 Class  0-4-0ST, No.74 (Renumbered)
S&DJR 7F 2-8-0, No.88 - Bachmann Limited Edition
S&DJR Kerr, Stuart & Company 0-6-0ST - Electrotren (Renumbered)
S&DJR 2P 4-4-0, No.44 - Hornby
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 13

A Class 31 after renumbering from Pre-tops to Tops - based on 1976 'ish era - O Gauge.

I did a lot of research to find a loco that was still in more or less original condition - I found a photo of 31 169 in 1978 - it must have been one of the last to have its boiler footsteps sealed and the nose doors replaced.

IMG_6952.JPG

IMG_6951.JPG

IMG_6954.JPG

• Like 14