Show us yours - Realistic modelling

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Cowley 47521 said:

A couple of black and white shots from me:

7FF7CD9E-B979-49D9-ACD7-C1EC4194663E.jpeg.8253615b380ad1a41a4a0841f3eef02e.jpeg

There is a train in this one but you will have to look for it...

B9AAEC93-1C50-4481-AA59-498A360378D4.jpeg.3003e27e3b79007bdb13d4552e58f03b.jpeg

In the 70's I used to go that way to North Devon from Paignton  loads of times in my Morris Minor van...

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

WQys9jnl.jpg

Photo Chris Nevard

UHoLl50l.jpg

Photo Andy Knott

This shunter built in the farm workshop is a piece of pure fiction. It has a diesel engine at one end which powers a large generator at the other end. This can be used to power one of the shunter’s bogies or as an independent power source for use out in the fields. I think imagination is one of a modellers most useful tools.

Peter M

• Like 14

pE2LWfdl.jpg

Zn9uN7rl.jpg

A couple of shots of the little Porter 0-4-0 quietly working in the yard on two different occasions.

In the first picture she is waiting to follow the jeep out into the fields. The second picture shows her pushing the wagon loaded with items for repair. In the background is another small yard shunter that is rarely used as it is very light and not very powerful so can only pull small loads.

Photos Peter M

Peter M

• Like 16

Mbi5ENll.jpg

GTpuprWl.jpg

The gas producer is an early Opel Blitz truck from the late 1930,s. The tank on the front holds the gas and the radiator cools it ready for use. The large vertical cylinder behind the cab is the heated device that turns coal or wood chips into a gas to power the truck. It produces only about 40% of the power that petrol would, but on a flat area like the Lincolnshire fens it made worth while savings on fuel costs.

Photos Peter M

Peter M

Edited by Broadoak
missing word
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4