If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Class 47 original grille etches needed

jessy1692

1 hour ago, rka said:

If you mean the a1 models etch, I have one spare but it is not a particularly brilliant etch imo. 

Afternoon RKA yeah anything tbh, trying to do a 48 and lpathed to shell out for a Bachmann/Heljan one to butcher the cant rails. Is it a full pair or just one side you have?

Cheers

James

Ps, no update on the 74 as yet!

4 hours ago, jessy1692 said:

Hi, has anyone got a spare set of etches to convert a lima body to the original pre serck shutters?

'Said no-one ever' *

* until now!!!

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, John Tomlinson said:

You'll probably know this anyway, but Clive Mortimore had a go at a 48 in his "Rough Engineering made easy" thread.

I'm sorry, I don't have the etch you're looking for.

John.

Cheers John, yeah its Clive's fault is all this, seen his thread and thought id never get them neat enough.  Met him at Doncaster a couple of years back and he gave me a set of drawings, its been on my mind for a while and fancy a go now. Lima 47s seem really expensive at moment though...

Cheers

James

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Come on James your modelling is better than mine so you should be able to make your own.

038.JPG.f8193ce3ce9ae6eb8cf88fba0e1a0bae.JPG

005a.png.7ba3b9e6ac3438b050c18b633188e11a.png

Thanks Clive, i dont think i have the patience you have to do them! Plasticard will be the final resort, in my experience of diy grilles iv never got them as good as i would like. May have a practice as it may be a while before i get a 47 or two to butcher, ebay prices seem pretty high and my Dad has sold our spare body... still got plenty to be getting on with in the mean time

Cheers

James