Oh Hornby - what are you doing mates? (short rant:(

AchimK

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Andy W said:

That might be DPD's system rather than Hornby's. Last month I had a similar email but in my case the delivery had already happened three days earlier - and the supplier wasn't Hornby.

No this originated from Hornby.And no order exists either now,a week ago or in the future.

check your order status of you joined club at the same time as buying club terrier. My club order has just changed from processing to dispatched and also had the DPD related email which said delivery today but DPD not yet picked up package from Hornby , according to DPD tracker !

Edited by CUCKOO LINE
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Paul.Uni said:

IIRC you ordered a collectors club Brighton Works model. If you ordered a club membership at the same time it might be the club model, lanyard and badge. They just arrived for me.

Yes thank you Paul for that..The Terrier arrived.in good time. The rest not. But today’s delivery still remains a fiction.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, CUCKOO LINE said:

check your order status of you joined club at the same time as buying club terrier. My club order has just changed from processing to dispatched and also had the DPD related email which said delivery today but DPD not yet picked up package from Hornby , according to DPD tracker !

Ah,I see. The murk is beginning to clear.Should have realised they function in a different time zone.:o

2 minutes ago, Jenny Emily said:

I got the same DPD email, but no delivery or tracking info. I received the lanyard and membership card via ordinary post, but the club loco hasn’t turned up. 

Got the loco ages ago, got the magazine yesterday but still waiting on the lanyard and card. This feels very messy

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, CUCKOO LINE said:

Also received the lanyard and membership card via ordinary post today, but DPD tracking still says we have been notified by Hornby but not yet picked up !

As did I. What role DPD play in all of this remains a mystery known only ( perhaps) to Hornby.Unlike Jenny Kirk I did at least receive the Terrier immediately upon ordering. Be grateful.....be very grateful 

I have a feeling that post and couriers are in some trouble these days, with very inconsistent service. 

I buy a lot on Ebay and use the courier or post favoured by the seller,  it's actually comical, the errors, and such as receiving multiple Emails announcing receipt or delivery and 'how did we do?' even before an item reaches my Middlesex agent's address. (I live in NZ)

Material for comedy indeed.  Currently waiting 16 days for 2nd class Post inside England, and still waiting while seller asks Ebay or Parcel Post or whatever.  Usually it's 2-3 days.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, CUCKOO LINE said:

seems DPD have it now and on its way, we'll see what happens next

The next episode in the series is imminent.DPD are to deliver my “order” between 13:43 and 14:43 today.Yesterday RM delivered card etc.package .Hornby catalogue arrived RM earlier in week.Brighton Terrier ordered and delivered in August.I shouldn’t be in the least surprised if  (a) a duplicate Terrier arrives or (b) nothing arrives.

The DPD driver’s name .....phantom or otherwise.....is btw ,Gagan.  

Update......DPD tracking shows I am delivery 94.It appears that Terrier Brighton the second will land in my porch. I have sent Hornby two emails. One this morning and one on Wednesday.

We’ll see what happens. Stardate 16/10/21....Is there anyone out there ?

Edited by Ian Hargrave
Additional text

1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

The next episode in the series is imminent.DPD are to deliver my “order” between 13:43 and 14:43 today.Yesterday RM delivered card etc.package .Hornby catalogue arrived RM earlier in week.Brighton Terrier ordered and delivered in August.I shouldn’t be in the least surprised if  (a) a duplicate Terrier arrives or (b) nothing arrives.

The DPD driver’s name .....phantom or otherwise.....is btw ,Gagan.  

Update......DPD tracking shows I am delivery 94.It appears that Terrier Brighton the second will land in my porch. I have sent Hornby two emails. One this morning and one on Wednesday.

We’ll see what happens. Stardate 16/10/21....Is there anyone out there ?

It'll be the club model. The 0-4-0T in Hornby 2020 livery.

• Informative/Useful 1