Bachmann 2020 Announcements - Autumn

Ron Ron Ron

An email dropped into my inbox today, to report that Bachmann’s 3rd set of announcements for 2020 will be made on Tuesday 4th August (in 5 days time).

The announcement will be made via a video, the link to which will be issued on Monday (3rd).

The Autumn edition of Bachmann Times, with the usual new announcement supplementary pages, will also be posted out next week.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

The announcement will be made via a video, the link to which will be issued on Monday (3rd).

The link is principally for the benefit of the Collectors' Club members. I will politely ask that no-one posts a link to it on here or to any other location that is unable to respect the intent.

The information will be available in due course.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Another thing to look forward to on the 3rd, then (pubs re-open in Wales on 3rd; the thing I've missed most during lockdown is the pub.  We can sit outside some of them but it's not the same...).  Bachmann's quarterly announcements seem to be working, well done blue box!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Another thing to look forward to on the 3rd, then (pubs re-open in Wales on 3rd; the thing I've missed most during lockdown is the pub.  We can sit outside some of them but it's not the same...).  Bachmann's quarterly announcements seem to be working, well done blue box!

Perhaps to celebrate Bachmann will announce a Scenecraft welsh pub to combine the two significant events!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Matabiau said:

Perhaps to celebrate Bachmann will announce a Scenecraft welsh pub to combine the two significant events!

As a slight aside, one wonders if Scenecraft will produce a queue, with the required distances....

• Funny 5

8 hours ago, The Johnster said:

4th.

Just that the Bachmann Collectors Club members are getting sent a link on the 3rd so they can watch it. The announcement itself is on the Tuesday and I would think a thread will appear immediately afterwards.

Here's the details from the email. I'm as much wondering what the Limited BCC Model is.

Our announcement video will be premiering on Tuesday 4th August and as a Bachmann Collectors Club member you will be the first to see it, so look out for the link to view the video which will be sent to you next Monday.

All of the new products also feature in the Autumn Bachmann Times magazine and this will be mailed out next week too. We have an exciting new Limited Edition model for you along with the usual great mix of articles covering both models and the real world of railways!

Jason

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sawyer models have released a blurred picture on their Facebook page which apparently Bachman have allowed them to use and is linked to the new announcement. It looks like a 66 front fairing or it could be sawyer models having a laugh at our expense!
Tuesday we find out!

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Yes that did occur to me too it may just be an already announced model it’s just with the speculation about a brand new 66 from Bachmann it just got me thinking.

• RMweb Premium
On 01/08/2020 at 18:29, Steamport Southport said:

4th.

Just that the Bachmann Collectors Club members are getting sent a link on the 3rd so they can watch it. The announcement itself is on the Tuesday and I would think a thread will appear immediately afterwards.

Here's the details from the email. I'm as much wondering what the Limited BCC Model is.

Jason

That’s badly worded. The public announcement is on the 4th, but the collectors’ club can view it on the 3rd via the link shared to them, or the announcement is on the 4th and the link (but only the link) will be provided on the 3rd in anticipation of this?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, njee20 said:

That’s badly worded. The public announcement is on the 4th, but the collectors’ club can view it on the 3rd via the link shared to them, or the announcement is on the 4th and the link (but only the link) will be provided on the 3rd in anticipation of this?

The link supplied just counts down to the time it will be available for club members on the 4th.

On 01/08/2020 at 19:03, tomparryharry said:

As a slight aside, one wonders if Scenecraft will produce a queue, with the required distances....

Looking at the bases on most plastic figures, most manufacturers were already trail blazzers.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Craig1989 said:

I’m hoping for some more modern image stuff and wouldn’t surprise me if the collectors club model was 66731 captain Tom Moore 

I did hear at the time that both Bachmann and Hornby were looking at doing it, so wouldnt suprise me

19 hours ago, Markwj said:

Sawyer models have released a blurred picture on their Facebook page which apparently Bachman have allowed them to use and is linked to the new announcement. It looks like a 66 front fairing or it could be sawyer models having a laugh at our expense!
Tuesday we find out!

Good Morning,

I have seen the blurry picture as I was in the shop at the weekend. It is a genuine picture from Bachmann. I am looking forward to Tuesday's announcements. 

All the best

Charles 

• RMweb Gold

BCC and retailers will get a link today for the video premier tomorrow AM, before it goes live on the Bachmann website at 12 noon tomorrow.

It's billed to be a bit like a video version of the event back in February, this one was supposed to be in a hotel in Bristol but unfortunately with current events and all that...

HTH :-)

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

3 minutes ago, Jack P said:

does anyone know if this announcement is set to be an 'update' to the release schedule, or is it 'NEW' stuff?

Alternatively, should I just shut up and wait? 

The quarterly announcements so far have been new stuff, and this is supposedly a "bumper" issue so all being well some stuff of interest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1