Bachmann 2020 Announcements - Autumn

Ron Ron Ron

Just now, No Decorum said:

I remind myself that this will only cover three months, not a year, so it’s bound to be limited. All the same, it won’t be hard to beat Hornby’s damp squib.

You mean last month's "social media takeover" that didn't seem to be anything like what it's name suggested and resulted in a coach for Rocket, some buses and a Terrier? In fairness they'd have been better off condensing all they did into a week rather than a month.

1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

You mean last month's "social media takeover" that didn't seem to be anything like what it's name suggested and resulted in a coach for Rocket, some buses and a Terrier? In fairness they'd have been better off condensing all they did into a week rather than a month.

As it happens, I was thinking of another Terrier in a special livery, not available to those out in the cold. It might have been timed as an attempt to steal Bachmann’s thunder. Hornby does that sort of thing.

• Funny 1

I’ll get mine in now rather wait for the keyboard scrum later today.

What a damp squib.

A total let down after all the frothing.

That’s saved me loads of money.

My wallet will be getting a rest.

Nothing in it for me.

Looks like all my money will be going to HornyAccuraHelBachPol this year.

Still no Midland Railway 1921 bent cucumber wagon, after it topping the wish lists for 60 years.

So, LNER, LMS, Southern, GWR, Pre-grouping, BR Steam, BR Blue era, D&E, post privatisation, Scottish railway, pre-Raphaelite art lovers, archaeologists and Salsa dancers have all been ignored again.

Can we start the 2021 speculation now?

:jester:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 10

15 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

As it happens, I was thinking of another Terrier in a special livery, not available to those out in the cold. It might have been timed as an attempt to steal Bachmann’s thunder. Hornby does that sort of thing.

I hardly think the announcement of a sole Terrier is an attempt to steal thunder from a company announcing 3 months worth of products...

21 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Badly named event - YES, but there's no denying there was more activity on Hornby's scoial meda platforms that usual. We saw 3 TES blogs, 3 competitions and 2 products being announced, one more like an advert for the HCC which has worked in favour of Hornby. And lets not forget almost every day they shared content on their social media platforms from various customers, model train shops and their own products.

As you said it was a misleading title, but there was certainly an increased in activity.

Anyway looking forward to the Bachmann announcements and hoping there's a DB/Malcolm Class 90, G&W Freightliner Class 90 or EWS Class 90 in the lot.

• Agree 1

Bringing the LBSC H1 out in Southern Olive Green would suit me but I think the discounted H2’s need to be cleared first.

i was doubtful about this new 3monthly announcement style but it seems to be working - well for me anyhow.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

As you said it was a misleading title, but there was certainly an increased in activity.

Yes that was my only moan really. It made it sound like it was going to be a month of announcements etc. I just thought for what it was branded as it would have been more intense, i.e. the material but over less time.

• RMweb Gold

Just wondering how the back log of Bachmann products Is. I knew it had gotten quite large. But after I think about 18 months of Bachmann concentrating on the backlog by how much as it been reduced by. 

22 minutes ago, farren said:

Just wondering how the back log of Bachmann products Is. I knew it had gotten quite large. But after I think about 18 months of Bachmann concentrating on the backlog by how much as it been reduced by. 

The list of OO gauge models with a release date can be viewed on

Quick look at the Bachmann website shows the following without a release date:

• 20 OO gauge steam locos
  • 17 OO gauge diesel & electric locos & units
  • 30 OO gauge coaches
  • 65 OO gauge wagons
  • 17 OO9 gauge models

For Graham Farish:

• 4 steam locos with a release date
  • 14 steam locos without a release date
  • 24 diesel & electric locos & units with a release date
  • 50 diesel & electric locos & units without a release date