Model Shops and Face Coverings

Had this problem for a while over here with many conversation being of the 'Mmmffmmm ffmmmmffmmm' sort. Has resulted in a few lowering of masks to clear up any misunderstandings :).

Good story though :) !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Pain in the bum is shopping with all this mask millarkey - my glasses steam up walking into an air conditioned shop / store from the hot muggy outside.

Not complaining about the necessity of wearing masks,, fully understand agree & comply -  just the inconvenience. I've not done any shopping (other than food, the odd household/garden item at DIY stores) for months. I can't remember the last time I had a walk round town.

And we in Wigan (Greater Manchester) are in another lockdown - good job I had a pint with a couple of mates on Thursday (first since March !!) - can't do that today.image.png.4fc11273d7e964a9be2a59d377fcae35.png A shame cos my two local pubs have put so much effort into getting things covid correct. I wonder how they will cope with the "can't meet person(s) from outside the family" rule ?

Brit15

• Like 1

3 hours ago, APOLLO said:

Pain in the bum is shopping with all this mask millarkey - my glasses steam up walking into an air conditioned shop / store from the hot muggy outside.

I've not tried it, but I have read that holding down the top of the mask with a couple of plasters will stop this.

Damp exhaled breath will find another way out.

• Informative/Useful 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, APOLLO said:

You can fix it with a bit of etched brass: http://philsworkbench.blogspot.com/2020/07/etch-brass-face-mask.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

You can fix it with a bit of etched brass: http://philsworkbench.blogspot.com/2020/07/etch-brass-face-mask.html

Decent masks should come with a metal strip already. Doesn't stop some wearing them upside-down, maybe. ;)

Edit - love the OP's story!! Thats a classic!! :good:

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A relative of mine got hung for making transactions while wearing a face mask. Mind you he was my greatxxxxxx? uncle Richard Turpin from Essex. That's obviously where the family interest in public transport came from.

Funny how that one stopped this stage in its tracks and robbed everyone of their chat!!

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Funny 9

On 01/08/2020 at 16:06, Joseph_Pestell said:

A couple in Booker this morning with full-on nuclear incident type masks. A bit apocalyptic.

If they are at that much risk from contracting Covid, how are they operating their business?

Saw one youth before full lockdown started. He's dressed all in black wearing a small ruck sack with full medical style face mask and a pair of safety goggles.

Couldn't make up my mind if he looked more like a teenage mutant ninja turtle or a minion!

On 01/08/2020 at 18:19, phil_sutters said:

A relative of mine got hung for making transactions while wearing a face mask. Mind you he was my greatxxxxxx? uncle Richard Turpin from Essex. That's obviously where the family interest in public transport came from.

Funny how that one stopped this stage in its tracks and robbed everyone of their chat!!

Of course you don't have to wear a mask if you've got sinus trouble. I knew someone who went to jail as a result of sinus trouble...

... he sinus name on a bad cheque!

• Like 1