Hornby RTC Stock

D400

Afternoon all,

Having purchased a SLW 97201 last year I was rather looking forward to prospect of RTC liveried stock from Hornby, particularly as the Bachmann items are now very difficult to find at reasonable prices! 

I received the LMS CCT the other week, to my horror the blue colour is completely wrong! Having seen the photographs of the Mk1s on various retails websites this week seems to confirm that these are also a rather strange bright blue colour rather than the correct BR blue. 

Such a shame, how could it have gone so wrong?! 

Bruce 

Amazing, in this day and age it should be easier to get colours correct, if a guy in a transit van can mix the correct colour for your car on your drive ,It beats me why the manufacturers and the Chinese can make such a dogs dinner of liveries. Surely with correct research the original colour codes ought to be available.

43 minutes ago, 47164 said:

Amazing, in this day and age it should be easier to get colours correct, if a guy in a transit van can mix the correct colour for your car on your drive ,It beats me why the manufacturers and the Chinese can make such a dogs dinner of liveries. Surely with correct research the original colour codes ought to be available.

well thats Hornby for you.  

Colour can be a very subjective thing. What looks right to one person doesn't to the next. Especially when you start bringing the question of scale into the mix.

Different vehicles would have been painted at different times too, and weather would have had different effects between batches of paint.

I'm not trying to support or condemn anyone for their use of non-matching colour, just trying to highlight that it isn't the be-all and end-all.

Cheers

J

• Agree 2

I bought the Landore Breakdown Coach as this will not run with other RTC stock I have so won't stand out so noticeably as different.

Also got the LMS Van, probably will site in a siding on away from other RTC stock.

LAB 10, already got a Bachmann one of those, might be tempted by the Hornby one if Hornby do other RTC stock, otherwise will be leaving that one.

Hope everyone else is happy with their's!