EFE Rail launches

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium

The JIAs are confusing, I thought they were a Dapol model? Certainly Dapol were taking credit for them when Kernow released them, but these appear to be the exact same model.

Glad they're not downsizing those to N just as I'm finishing my 3D printed ones!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Which makes sense of something I heard (and didn't believe) late last year.  It's actually a rather clever idea because of its access via Bachmann's marketing and distribution and it gives Bachmann a second string to its bow in terms of having a range to sell alongside its main range without wholly relying on Kader for production.   Rather odd that Heljan should drop in its Hymek but I can see how that has happened.

I await developments - and the probably soon to be announced J94s and Hymeks from Hornby. ;)  :rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators

For the hard of understanding...

The video is just for BCC members until 12.00 - post a link here and you'll get access removed.

• Like 5
  • Funny 5

That's great news about the EFE Tubestock being produced in a motorised version. I just hope they have made the clearances under the axles to allow for the slightly higher centre return rail of the prototype (which on my layout is 1mm above running rail height). 

If not, my only option would be to fit larger wheels to the power bogie and all coaches ~ an unnecessray cost which could be avoided during manufacture.

After this release, I hope that Bachmann consider producing the London Transport 1927/1933 Standard Stock which is a more interesting profile imho.

Well done, Bachmann for taking the EFE brand into useable motorised models.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Well I guess we now know what happened to all the DJM toolings now!

Legal ownership for the respective models was with the factories in China rather than DJM but please don't start debate on that fact and its repercussions in this topic - it's for elsewhere.

• Like 3
  • Agree 9
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
Just now, WishIHadAName said:

Could this mean more 14xx tanks from Bachmann in the future instead of Hattons/DJM?

No, Hattons own the rights and tooling.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• Administrators

And the first winner of the "Put me on the naughty step because I want to tell people about a video" competition has been won.

We have agreed with Bachmann not to share it on here until noon, and it's not going to happen.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

Although there is nothing in this release of products to interest me*, it's refreshing to see product release without 2 years of frothing and begging for money.

* I like the underground stock but don't fancy lifting the floorboards to run it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Phil Parker said:

And the first winner of the "Put me on the naughty step because I want to tell people about a video" competition has been won.

We have agreed with Bachmann not to share it on here until noon, and it's not going to happen.

Who would be a moderator eh? Let's hope that's it for your needing to act.

What did they win an RMWeb-free holiday?

Roy

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Legal ownership for the respective models was with the factories in China rather than DJM but please don't start debate on that fact and its repercussions in this topic - it's for elsewhere.

Or perhaps best not discussed at all? It will all get very messy and complicated with no clear answers available to most of us.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, LBSC123 said:

A positive development for the Hobby, I’m glad to see the DJ models J94 back in production.

Indeed, I like my DJ J94s and was always quite satisfied with them. I like the look of the EFE Rail "Amazon". As factory weathering goes, it looks quite good, not over the top.

Roy

• Agree 2

Liking the motorised tube stock ... wanted one for years but never fancied the overall effort and cost of the coaches / motor(s) etc to do it. Hopefully will be more to come as certainly an interesting development.

Also welcome to see some more JIAs with new running numbers by looks of  it.

• Agree 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Fireline said:

£150 for a J94? I'll have some of whatever they've been sniffing.

Aside from any natural cost increases over the intervening period if they had been correctly priced to cover the tooling adaptations and additions made during development then the outcome may have been different rather than obliging customers who would like to see models made without any profit or commercial sustainability. ;)

• Like 4
  • Agree 11
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

Very interesting video.

What caught my eye, and made my wife ask "did they really paint it like that?", was Comrie's no. 19 (HE3818).  Very ugly, but "I want one"!  Once repainted a Farish one in that scheme, only to be told that there never was one like that despite me having a magazine article (c/w colour photo) to prove it.

Regards,

Alex.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

Hi folks,

Very interesting video.

What caught my eye, and made my wife ask "did they really paint it like that?", was Comrie's no. 19 (HE3818).  Very ugly, but "I want one"!  Once repainted a Farish one in that scheme, only to be told that there never was one like that despite me having a magazine article (c/w colour photo) to prove it.

Regards,

Alex.

There is at least one photo of it in that livery on Flickr.

Roy

• Informative/Useful 1