Bachmann / Farish Autumn announcements

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Assuming a standard reblowable chip and a decent speaker these are pretty reasonably priced I think. Certainly you'll struggle to get someone to sound fit 'professionally' for you at that price and small loco's aren't the easiest to sound fit at home. 

That wasn't my issue. You've perhaps assumed that I took umbrage at the cost of a sound equipped model. No. I was unaware of there being a release of a model with sound and thought that this was either a plan to refloat the post COVID  global economy through the sale of this particular model or a typo. 

I would have been thankfully wrong on both counts. 

I therefore await the arrival of the quiet model. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

48 minutes ago, YesTor said:

but I cannot personally see any logic in Bachmann announcing an 'upgraded/retooled' 66 at the moment.

I couldn't either and I argued that when I read it on the H66 thread. IMO the best way for Bachmann to proceed with the 66 is to stick with what they are doing or claw a bit of cost out from somewhere to make the decision to go up to a Hattons one more difficult or to make the decision to go up from a Hornby one easier.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

That wasn't my issue. You've perhaps assumed that I took umbrage at the cost of a sound equipped model. No. I was unaware of there being a release of a model with sound and thought that this was either a plan to refloat the post COVID  global economy through the sale of this particular model or a typo. 

I would have been thankfully wrong on both counts. 

I therefore await the arrival of the quiet model. 

Rob. 

No I'm with you - I was taken aback by the price at first for what I assumed was a quiet model but knowing Andy's aversion to anyone suggesting a product is a tad salty in the RRP department I stepped away from the keyboard. Then thinking about it, for sound fitted I thought thats not bad at all.  :)

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Assuming a standard reblowable chip and a decent speaker these are pretty reasonably priced I think. Certainly you'll struggle to get someone to sound fit 'professionally' for you at that price and small loco's aren't the easiest to sound fit at home. 

And did the nice Bachmann gentlemen on the press video not say that this 1P sound equipped model also will also run on dc although with restricted functioning ? 

2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I couldn't either and I argued that when I read it on the H66 thread. IMO the best way for Bachmann to proceed with the 66 is to stick with what they are doing or claw a bit of cost out from somewhere to make the decision to go up to a Hattons one more difficult or to make the decision to go up from a Hornby one easier.

Whilst a complete re-tool was unlikely it would be nice if they would at least improve the lighting. You can buy a replacement circuit board that allows the marker lights to work for a tenner (albeit fixed in which ever configuration you solder it) so I'm sure Bachmann could do it at little extra cost and remove one of the most noticeable advantages of the Hattons model.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Phil Mc said:

Keep up Mr B........

39-190.    :jester:

cheers,

Phil.

Having either done, or got the relevant coaches in pieces, I can muster 4 of the 5 generator fleet.

(And the Bachy version isn't suitable for current use anyway - they were rebuilt with only two sets of doors per side a few years ago - pre-2013 for 6261-6264)

(I do understand the costs of retooling and the use of painted over windows)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Having either done, or got the relevant coaches in pieces, I can muster 4 of the 5 generator fleet.

(And the Bachy version isn't suitable for current use anyway - they were rebuilt with only two sets of doors per side a few years ago - pre-2013 for 6261-6264)

(I do understand the costs of retooling and the use of painted over windows)

Bet it hasn’t got the roof vents or exhausts either.

But why would I let the facts get in the way of banter !  :laugh:

cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Phil Mc said:

Bet it hasn’t got the roof vents or exhausts either.

But why would I let the facts get in the way of banter !  :laugh:

cheers,

Phil.

Or the correct number of roof vents (or correct type, but not easy to see on the model images), or electrical connectors on the ends, or fuel tanks, or lights along the solebar.

And lack of steps on the ends.

(Heck - after that list, it makes a yellow Hornby NMT Mk3 look comparatively accurate..............)

I wonder why most of the emoticons are yellow.

:crazy:

Edited by newbryford
  • Funny 3

I think thats quite a good, sensible list of announcements from Bachmann bearing in mind this us just 1 quarter and another will be along in November. 

The class 40 and 66 are both examples of common liveries and I think will be popular as well as the previously announced 2HAP. 

The amount of N gauge coming this quarter is vast. OK, it's pretty much all been previously announced, but until the back log of items already announced is cleared that's just the way it is. Additional green and cream coach coach pack to allow a full rake is very sensible and hopefully the executive liveried Mk1 is a forerunner to some first opens with white roofs and dare I wishlist a N gauge RBR. New tooled 8F, refurb 31, Mk2fs as well as reruns of popular liveries on the class 40 and 47. 

This is still a new system that Bachmann are operating and there will be a time when the backlog of previously announced and unreleased items are gone and then I imagine these quarterly announcements will have a much bigger impact. 

Steve

Edited by steve1023
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 04/08/2020 at 18:44, Richard Croft said:

I thought we might see another livery or 2 for the 158, you'd think they would want to get as many out as possible, seems odd that the only mention of the 158 is more stock of an existing livery? maybe thats too big a release for this time of year, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Northern one in 2021!

Richard

I understand your point, but to clarify the release of further GWR Class 158s is because these are the from the first and original batch, but this time around they are from the larger sea shipment. A small amount of these models arrived earlier this year, but these were an air freighted batch, which is why they sold out almost immediately upon arrival with retailers. I understand most went to those who had pre-ordered them and the small minority left were sold online via the retailers websites. So the release of further GWR 158s was actually the fulfilment of the first and original batch, rather than a second or different batch. 

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Premium

Hi all, 

I wonder if anyone can help me please?

This question is not related to the quarterly announcement made earlier this week, but it is still a Bachmann product related question. 

I have just scrolled through the multiple units pages on the Bachmann website and I can't find the listings for the Chiltern Railways Class 168, CrossCountry Class 170, ScotRail Class 170 and Southern Class 171. Can anyone confirm if Bachmann are still producing these four DMUs, as a part of their OO Gauge range? 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny.  

Edited by DRS Crewe On A Mission
To add additional information

8 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi all, 

I wonder if anyone can help me please?

This question is not related to the quarterly announcement made earlier this week, but it is still a Bachmann product related question. 

I have just scrolled through the multiple units pages on the Bachmann website and I can't find the listings for the Chiltern Railways Class 168, CrossCountry Class 170, ScotRail Class 170 and Southern Class 171. Can anyone confirm if Bachmann are still producing these four DMUs, as a part of their OO Gauge range? 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny.  

Hi,

I don't think they are producing these at the moment.

I think they had a chassis which was difficult to DCC.

I think the classes will reappear  (but not necessarily in those liveries) when either they have a new chassis or new models are produced (like the Class 158 which was completely reworked including two tiny motors hidden in the chassis).

Regards

Nick

• Thanks 1

I see once again the 8F has been pushed back again, it was supposed to have been here in June/July, it then got pushed to August, now August is here its suddenly been pushed back to October, will this be yet another year the 8F fails to arrive. They sure know how to string their customers along. :(

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Paul80 said:

They sure know how to string their customers along.

Get some perspective please, it's hardly life-threatening. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1