Bachmann / Farish Autumn announcements

AY Mod

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Paul80 said:

Someone is having a bad day at the office ;)

Yes, I get fed up with infantile whining as do many others. Baiting me means you'll find some delays in posting so I can bin future whinges before they get published.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi all, 

I wonder if anyone can help me please?

This question is not related to the quarterly announcement made earlier this week, but it is still a Bachmann product related question. 

I have just scrolled through the multiple units pages on the Bachmann website and I can't find the listings for the Chiltern Railways Class 168, CrossCountry Class 170, ScotRail Class 170 and Southern Class 171. Can anyone confirm if Bachmann are still producing these four DMUs, as a part of their OO Gauge range? 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny.  

I thought these had been cancelled ? Can’t remember where I saw it 

• Thanks 1

On 04/08/2020 at 14:47, MikeParkin65 said:

Assuming a standard reblowable chip and a decent speaker these are pretty reasonably priced I think. Certainly you'll struggle to get someone to sound fit 'professionally' for you at that price and small loco's aren't the easiest to sound fit at home. 

Generic sound? 

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, NIK said:

Hi,

I don't think they are producing these at the moment.

I think they had a chassis which was difficult to DCC.

I think the classes will reappear  (but not necessarily in those liveries) when either they have a new chassis or new models are produced (like the Class 158 which was completely reworked including two tiny motors hidden in the chassis).

Regards

Nick

Hi Nick, 

Thank you for the reply and for letting me know. 

I was just wondering because I haven't been able to locate them on the Bachmann website but I also haven't seen a statement from Bachmann themselves or retailers saying that they now aren't going to be produced, at least not at the moment anyway. 

Hopefully if they have been disbanded from the OO Gauge range they may be added again in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

9 hours ago, TomScrut said:

They are supposedly redoing them, that's what @DRS Crewe On A Mission is asking about.

Hopefully if they aren't at the moment, they will do in the future. 

9 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Did they? KMS had an offer on them a few weeks ago before the recent batch was announced!

I meant sold out quickly at the larger retailers such as Hattons, Rails and Kernow. Smaller retailers may have had stock left recently but the majority of the air freighted batch sold out quickly. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Thanks for letting me know mate. I really appreciate it. 

I wasn't aware that they had been cancelled. I haven't seen anything from Bachmann or any of the retailers, so if you can remember where you saw it posted I would be most interested to know. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

52 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thanks for letting me know mate. I really appreciate it. 

I wasn't aware that they had been cancelled. I haven't seen anything from Bachmann or any of the retailers, so if you can remember where you saw it posted I would be most interested to know. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

I’ve got a feeling it was in Bachmann times, but I’m currently not a member. Might be worth a phone call to them if you are really bothered 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul80 said:

It was showing a August on their website on the day of the big autumn reveal, then suddenly changed to October.

it seems strange. I asked my friendly local model shop on Monday if the 8Fs were still due in August and he kindly spoke to Barwell for me. He was told the end of August at that point so I wonder what has suddenly changed...

Agreed the delay it isn't life threatening, the only reason I am disappointed is that I had been hoping it would arrive in time for my birthday in September and dropping suitable hints...

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

I think they were just deferred, meaning they still intend to produce but at some unstated date in future.  Quite a cunning move as it no doubt deters anyone else from producing one . The existing model is quite good and I’m analogue so quite happy with the electricals . Certainly Scotrail  saltire 170s are in demand . I have the original Scotrail and First Scotrail versions . Contemplating a repaint if I could find decals for them . I know decals are available for 156 and Mk2s but so far haven’t seen any for a 170 . I think it would be a relatvely easy repaint if decals available . 

Edited by Legend
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I’ve got a feeling it was in Bachmann times, but I’m currently not a member. Might be worth a phone call to them if you are really bothered 

Thanks for that. I have never been a member of the times or collectors club, so maybe that's why I haven't found out this information. It would have been nice though to give this information to retailers and for Bachmann themselves to announce something on their website regarding the postponement or cancellation of products. Out of the four DMUs the only one I was considering buying was the ScotRail 170, just because 453 which Bachmann intended to produce is now with Northern, so I could have used it on ScotRail workings but also Northern workings before it's repaint into Northern colours, and the livery would have remained prototypical. 

59 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

I have never been a member of the times or collectors club, so maybe that's why I haven't found out this information.

I got my first times today and so far I like how much info there looks to be in it.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I got my first times today and so far I like how much info there looks to be in it.

I might have to look into subscribing to it then. Does it give photos of their projects, updates on their projects and estimated delivery dates etc?

Thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

I might have to look into subscribing to it then. Does it give photos of their projects, updates on their projects and estimated delivery dates etc?

Thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

I don’t think there’s anything in it that you won’t find out on here , Danny . I was a member but gave it up as I was losing interest in it . Bachmanns prices were such that I was unlikely to buy unless it was really something I wanted, so I didn’t really need the updates. That said it was a good magazine, well produced . You get a free wagon every year, although they tend to be 7 plank PO wagons , occasionally a tank wagon , so not for everyone . More useful  than Hornbys 0-4-0 tanks though.  There was also a calendar that used to be Malcolm Root painting but I think is now photographic images . What I liked was you got a catalogue fairly early after they announced the new range , but then they’ve moved to quarterly announcements  and the last catalogue was a compendium of existing models in N and OO . 

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Legend said:

I don’t think there’s anything in it that you won’t find out on here , Danny . I was a member but gave it up as I was losing interest in it . Bachmanns prices were such that I was unlikely to buy unless it was really something I wanted, so I didn’t really need the updates. That said it was a good magazine, well produced . You get a free wagon every year, although they tend to be 7 plank PO wagons , occasionally a tank wagon , so not for everyone . More useful  than Hornbys 0-4-0 tanks though.  There was also a calendar that used to be Malcolm Root painting but I think is now photographic images . What I liked was you got a catalogue fairly early after they announced the new range , but then they’ve moved to quarterly announcements  and the last catalogue was a compendium of existing models in N and OO . 

That's very true, and Andy, other moderators and members always share photos, information, and delivery dates etc on here. I have considered the wagons previously, but they wouldn't be something that I would need or usually buy so I would essentially by paying money for the membership for a wagon I wouldn't use or need, even though it is free. Plus their is the fact that the more I spend on membership the less money that their is to buy models with. Currently I am only a member of one site for model railways and that's a well known information and news website. I have previously paid monthly/yearly memberships for other sites but the money soon adds up and I found that I was using them less and less, so it made more sense to not renew the subscriptions and save the money for models which I would get some use out of. 

At the moment I only have a few Bachmann models on my wishlist and that's a few of the DRS & HNRC 20/3s due in December and the Network Rail Generator Coach which is due next month. Most of the other models I am going to buy are from Accurascale. So yes I understand what you mean when you say that you were only buying the things that you really wanted. That's exactly what I'm doing at the moment, because we are spoilt for choice with modern image models. 

Thank you very much for the insight and the information regarding the times. I really appreciate it. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Seems to do. I joined mostly to get access to the Limited editions, which oddly enough I haven't done yet even though there are 2 on my list.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Seems to do. I joined mostly to get access to the Limited editions, which oddly enough I haven't done yet even though there are 2 on my list.

That's something for me to think about then. To be honest if they were to release a Collectors Club model that was something modern and something I really wanted I would definitely join but for me at the moment their is nothing that 100% attracts me to subscribing and it's been that way for a while. The only CC model I have bought was the West Coast 37706 in 2017, but only because it was cheap second hand, and I sold it in 2019 because I didn't really have any use for it. 

Edited by DRS Crewe On A Mission
To add additional information

• Moderators
20 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

It would have been nice though to give this information to retailers

They do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, AY Mod said:

They do.

Sorry Andy, I must have missed this information. I always like to think that I am quite good with keeping updated regarding different models, so this one must have just slipped past me. As always I am happy to be corrected if something I have posted isn't accurate. Thank you for clarifying, it's very much appreciated. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

15 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

That's something for me to think about then. To be honest if they were to release a Collectors Club model that was something modern and something I really wanted I would definitely join but for me at the moment their is nothing that 100% attracts me to subscribing and it's been that way for a while. The only CC model I have bought was the West Coast 37706 in 2017, but only because it was cheap second hand, and I sold it in 2019 because I didn't really have any use for it. 

It's the 9F and J72 I am keen on because they are in as preserved condition.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2020 at 18:21, AY Mod said:

Yes, I get fed up with infantile whining as do many others. Baiting me means you'll find some delays in posting so I can bin future whinges before they get published.

I was astonished to read some of your replies above.

I wonder if anyone else thinks your posts are unnecessarily insulting in tone, as I do.

Who moderates the moderators?

• Like 1