EMD/NS GP34ECO #4800

For when you want to run a SD70ACE but don't have room!?

http://www.nsdash9.com/rosters/4800.html

I doubt this would ever be more than a kitbashers dream, it may not even become more than one unit in real life but I like it!

Edit: The picture header said GP33ECO but other data calls it a GP34ECO so I think it is a GP34ECO.

Edited by Allegheny1600
add info
  • Like 2

C'mon Dan, it started life as a GP59, you must have a GP38 shell you can start on?!?  Or is that nose a bit shorter ... camera angle?  Yes John, the decal on the the cab says GP34ECO, so when you've carved up a Weaver GP38-2, remember in O we'll be  able to read it! :derisive:

Someone tell me to concentrate on the D&H and stop staring at GP38-3s and even newer stuff!

Jason

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Eh, I don't want one - I don't model present day. I was just making a joke about Scaletrains and Rapido making models of some of the more out-there prototypes.

I'm happy to still to 1965 in O scale for now. :P

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Allegheny1600 said:

I doubt this would ever be more than a kitbashers dream, it may not even become more than one unit in real life but I like it!

Depends on NS.  They are big into rebuilding their own locos so the idea is likely this is a pilot project for a much bigger program of rebuilds of 4-axle power.

But NS sells in model form, so someone may tool it up.

For example the latest Athearn Dash-9 has been tooled for doing the Dash-9 rebuilds in the future, so I could see this appearing if NS does to a batch of them.

For anyone wanting to kitbash the cab (called an admiral cab) is available on the ScaleTrains SD40-2 line or there are several options on the 3d printing sites.  But for now there will still be al lot of unique stuff.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, jasond said:

Someone tell me to concentrate on the D&H and stop staring at GP38-3s and even newer stuff!

Jason

Jason; concentrate on the D&H and stop staring at GP38-3s and even newer stuff! :sarcastichand:

I like the 'eco' paint scheme. Livens up the standard NS black!!

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1