Stock Boxes for OO Locomotives, Coaches and Wagons

Good evening everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone still produces the cardboard stock boxes for OO Locomotives, Coaches and Wagons please?

I am after something like the blue or brown ones that you often see the kit built models in (picture attached).

I have seen that Rails do their own, but I do not feel that their extensive branding all over theirs is appropriate for a model they never produced :-)

Cheers,

Mike.

20200804_200823.jpg

I am a bit out of date due to not seeing Trevor at any shows this year ! But doesn't Trevor of Cheltenham Models still produce the type you require......I hope so?

right Haveing posted that I thought I had better check,,,,,,and yes their on his web site as available.

Edited by Graham456
Additional info
  • Agree 1

Why spend money on loco or stock storage boxes?  Use what is normally available for free from offices - empty A4 copier paper boxes. 

With reference to the attached photos, cut the box down to roughly the same depth as the lid so that locos can 'stand' on the bottom, separated by cut strips of cardboard from the remains of the discarded box.  At the front & rear of the locos use small pieces of foam or tear off small bits of newspaper & screw them up to act as pads during transport.  For different length locos use foam packing to stop them moving about in the box.  Most LMS, LNER & BR Pacifics have to be stored diagonally with suitable packing because of their length.

Do a similar thing for coaches & freight stock except you put some bubble wrap on the bottom, lay the coaches/freight stock on their sides separated by cardboard strips, lay another piece of bubble wrap before you add the second 'layer' of coaches/freight stock & another layer of bubble wrap before you put the lid on.  The coaches/freight stock are separated by cardboard strips cut from the rest of the discarded box.  Using bubble wrap between layers protects the paintwork/transfers.

Using this method is cheap & protects your stock.  Only store a maximum of two layers of coaches/freight stock in each box.  If you want, you can stack as many boxes  as you like on top of each other in a cupboard.  Write on the edge or top of the boxes what locos/stock is inside.  Some of you will say that exposing the paintwork/transfers on your stock to cardboard will cause a 'reaction' & damage their finish.  Let's just say that after over 30 years of exhibiting 'Crewlisle' at exhibitions with a large number of locos & stock stored in this way when not in use, I have not had one item damaged or paintwork affected by them being in direct contact with the cardboard.  At exhibitions It also makes it easy to remove & replace stock.

Peter

Loco Boxes.jpg

Blue Pullman Box.jpg

Edited by Crewlisle
Omitted signature.