Peco part number X suffix

rab

• RMweb Premium

I'm hoping someone can enlighten me about the X suffix on Peco turnout part numbers.

I thought it was to differentiate between insulfrog and electrofrog but I've been looking at an eBay listing and it shows one insulfrog turnout with an X suffix and another one without the suffix!

• RMweb Gold

I could be wrong but I think the X suffix was used on the very early points that were supplied in a box

I believe all the part numbers ended in ‘X’ and the prefix ‘E’ meant electrofrog

Edited by chuffinghell

A long time ago, the flexible track used to sold in Steel, Brass or Nickle Silver options. The codes were:~

SL100S Steel (S)

SL100B Brass (B)

SL100X Nickle Silver (NS)

While flexible track was available as above, points and crossings were just NS hence the 'X'.

After Brass and Steel were dropped the 'X' part of the poduct code was dropped.

Graham

Edited by Graholm34040
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

2 hours ago, Graholm34040 said:

A long time ago, the flexible track used to sold in Steel, Brass or Nickle Silver options. The codes were:~

SL100S Steel (S)

SL100B Brass (B)

SL100X Nickle Silver (NS)

While flexible track was available as above, points and crossings were just NS hence the 'X'.

After Brass and Steel were dropped the 'X' part of the poduct code was dropped.

Graham

That rings a bell.

I remember when I was a kid and there was loads of cheap Peco track in Hattons and my dad saying don't get any as they are the rubbish version that rusts and only buy the ones with the X as it's better.

Jason