GWR Cab Backheads in 4mm scale

robmanchester

Hi,

Anybody any ideas on the loco types suitable for "Alan Gibson's" GWR cab backhead castings as listed in his catalogue. I am refering to 4mm scale. Listed are :-

Type 1 GWR

Type 2 GWR

GWR Tank - belpaire

GWR Tank - round top

GWR 850

The last one is self explanatory assuming it refers to the 850 class saddle/pannier tanks which he has produced a kit for in the past. If possible I am after round and belpaire backheads for Dean Goods locos / 517 class and other similar period locos.

I have left a message for Colin at AG to contact me but thought maybe somebody on here would know ?

Many thanks

Rob

For a Dean Goods I would go for the GWR Tank Belpaire. They had virtually the same boilers as 57XX Pannier Tanks.

I'm assuming the Round Top version is meant for the Saddle Tanks.

Type 1 - 2800, 2900 (Saint), 4000 (Star), 4900 (Hall), 6800 (Grange), 6959 (Modified Hall)

Type 2 - 33/3400 (Bulldogs), 4100 (Badminton/Atbara/Armstrong), some 26xx, 2221, 3101, 30xx, 56xx, 41/51/8100, numerous absorbed

http://www.gwr.org.uk/no-boilers.html

Jason

• Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

43 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

For a Dean Goods I would go for the GWR Tank Belpaire. They had virtually the same boilers as 57XX Pannier Tanks.

I'm assuming the Round Top version is meant for the Saddle Tanks.

Type 1 - 2800, 2900 (Saint), 4000 (Star), 4900 (Hall), 6800 (Grange), 6959 (Modified Hall)

Type 2 - 33/3400 (Bulldogs), 4100 (Badminton/Atbara/Armstrong), some 26xx, 2221, 3101, 30xx, 56xx, 41/51/8100, numerous absorbed

http://www.gwr.org.uk/no-boilers.html

Jason

Hi Jason,

Great, many thanks. Funny, I was on GWR.org last night looking at wagon and coach liveries but didn't think to look at boilers.

Rob