Bachmann NSE Class 101

Global

Apologies if this is in the wrong area but I have a query regarding Bachmann Class 101s in Network SouthEast livery.

Basically I thought they had only produced the one - 32-290DS - which had sound and passengers fitted. It also had red buffer beams and silver buffers in images I’ve seen.

Today I received through the post what I was expecting to be 32-287 in Blue/Grey, the box said it was this version but within there was an NSE liveried unit!

On inspection it appears to be new and unmodified, however it has black bufferbeams and no passengers! I’m not sure about the sound at this stage! 

The vehicle numbers also match 32-290DS. I’m a little perplexed as to what it is as I can’t seemed to find anything like this online!

Any help would be appreciated! 

It was from a shop and it wasn’t shown as second hand.

Good point on the body swap though, I didn’t think of that! 

Ironically I didn’t get the NSE one before as it had red buffer beams and passengers fitted so I’m thinking I might actually keep rather than return! 

• RMweb Gold

Get in contact with the supplier and discuss what’s happened.  They might have sent your model to someone else in error and theirs has come to you.  Be amused by it all because you get far better response than having a rant.  Remember, we’re all human :P

Edited by jools1959
  • Like 2

Definitely a body swap. It's quite common for those that want a sound fitted version of a model that hasn't been issued in their preferred livery to swap chassis - ebay has many factory sound fitted models with 'sound removed' for sale, as long as the price reflects the change this can be useful for those that want a particular lovery but don't want sound or operate DCC.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies and the body swap suggestion definitely makes sense!

I’ll take it up with the shop, as it was listed as a Blue/Grey 32-287 and they don’t appear to advertise any items as being pre-owned. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
5 hours ago, fiftyfour fiftyfour said:

Reviving a Class 101s-in-service era topic; was there ONLY ever a double the price, all whistles and bells NSE livery Class 101 from Bachmann or is there a non digital sound, no passengers on board version to be found out there?

Yes, the only Bachmann 101 in NSE livery to date has been 32-290DS, "with fitted passenger figures and DCC sound".

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NickL2008 said:

Several sound removed versions have appeared on Ebay, but have sold for higher prices as no doubt people don want to have to respray any exisiting ones

NL

Yes, it's a good idea to keep an eye open for them.  I was very lucky to win one on the 'bay for £110 with sound removed.  I treated it to black window surrounds.

PICT0201.JPG

• Like 1

It's this Bachmann "disease" isn't it- they never seem keen to exploit the mouldings they have (probably whilst bogged down in the 3-6 year backlog). If it was my firm I'd have done the 101s in all sensible liveries by now (which clearly does include NSE) and THEN tooled up for a centre car so I can sell them all over again as three-car packs in the liveries worn by the three car 101's. It was the same story with the 150/2's, a few randomly selected liveries which excluded the one they all wore when new and then forget about that moulding and move onto something else!!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2