BR Class 02 GA Drawing.

ScottW

Hi folks,

I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of where I could lay my hands on a GA drawing of a BR class 02 0-4-0DH?

I don't normally model this period so this is a little out of my comfort zone.

Many thanks.

• RMweb Premium

BR Shunting Locos diagram book at barrowmoremrg.co.uk:

http://www.barrowmoremrg.co.uk/BRBDocuments/BR_Shunting_Locos_217_JP_Issue.pdf

I think the cl.02 is DH/208/1, 170hp Yorkshire Engine Co.? (p.26 of 44)

Side and front elevations, along with main dimensions and details.

If this isn't sufficient, perhaps Michael Edge can help?

• RMweb Premium

Hi Scott,

Not the GA dwg, but a scale one:  I seem to remember that in the latter years of the MRC there was a series of scale drawings of various BR shunter classes; one of the online indices may help you find out if your answer is there.

Regards,

Alex.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex TM said:

Hi Scott,

Not the GA dwg, but a scale one:  I seem to remember that in the latter years of the MRC there was a series of scale drawings of various BR shunter classes; one of the online indices may help you find out if your answer is there.

Regards,

Alex.

This was my thoughts also , been having a quick look through may stash of magazines , but no luck so far , i'm sure the class 02 was in an issue

Thanks chaps for the information.

Mike is right, the first two sources of information are WD's. I hadn't seen the book on the Barrowmore site before; very interesting. Thank you, Keefer for bringing that to my intention.

I have a copy of the MRJ in which the article by Monty Wells was published. It is quite a comprahensive article and does indeed have a drawing. My plan was to build one of these little locomotives, in S Scale, using a basic set of etches produced by Worsley Works. After seeing those detailed photographs David posted on Mike's workbench thread, it struck me that there are number of exposed bolts heads which, in my view, brings a model alive when included. I was hoping to find a GA drawing with a view that it would show where they all were. It can also be the case that drawings published in the modelling press don't show all the detail, especially items that are hidden away behind panels but can still be seen from other angles.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

If you have access to Colin Marsden's "The Diesel Shunter" it has excellent end on photos of the 02 showing exactly where the bolts are. They are captioned as being from Marsden's own collection but they look like YE works photos to me. I've just looked in Tony Vernon's book about YEC locos and there is a side view drawing of the 02 in there.

Barrow Hill has two 02s which are available for inspection at normal times. Don't know about now though. I dropped them an email and got full viewing rights.

The NRM example is not normally available for viewing and the one at Rowsley can be available for a fee.

Don't forget that DJH made an excellent white metal kit.

• Like 1