Hornby class 5 DCC (TTS)

mikeg

A friend has a factory fitted Hornby class5, it’s been running ok but the last time it was run it did 5 laps of his layout and then stopped dead the sound was still working but it would not run. I thought it might have cutout so we left it for about 10 minutes and tried to get it to run but it still had the sound working.

Has anybody had this happen to a Hornby TTS fitted loco, my friends loco is about 9 months old and has only been run 3 or 4 times with no problem, I thought it best not to take the body off as it is still under warranty. If I get no answer to this problem my friends going to send it back to Hornby if he can find the receipt.

Thanks for any help you can provide, regards mike 

The only immediate action thing you can do is a reset of both the controller and the decoder. If that does not fettle it then its a call to Hornby to arrange a returns number and send it back.

RAF96 thanks for your reply, I tried another loco without sound to check the NCE was working and it was so knew that it was OKAY and didn’t need resetting. Although I had asked my friend to try the class 5 on Monday he hadn’t so yesterday I tried it and it was working, so I think that it had got to hot and the chip automatically cut out,  which I read could happen on one of the other forums but had forgotten!

Thanks again for your help, regards Mike