Warrior Transport Cradle

As nobody has put anything about this kit on here I thought I'll do the honours.

This is the first kit in 20 yrs that I've had to solder and even had to get a new soldering iron as I couldn't find the old one.

Straight forward etch and even with my oversize fingers was found to be easy once you know what your doing, and in what order. As always the first one is part of the learning curve so the next three should be a breeze.

And thanks to Pete for the kits ain these hard times.

WP_20200811_11_09_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20200811_11_42_38_Pro.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Robin, many thanks for this, if you have the time it would be great if you could outline which bits and in which order!! I have a couple of these kits but with no instructions I put them into the 'maybe I'll get round to it someday box'.

all the best

Godfrey 

Part One, Main Central Section.

Sorry but I'm no god with the soldering iron or camera so here is my mumble offering.

I found after folding these parts up that it was near imposible to get the location lugs into there slots so I removed nearly all of each of these so they fitted (ish) and still had something to solder with

phd2.jpg

phd3.jpg

phd4.jpg

Edited by 25901
  • Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Part Two. Side Members.

Again found location lugs a problem and and sorted the same way as above, yes the long strip looks crap but not soldered and just placed to show location. Yhere are four lifting point brackets but I left these off because in my view won't be seen and my fingers and eye sight are not that good lol

phd5.jpg

phd6.jpg

phd7.jpg

phd8.jpg

Edited by 25901
  • Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Part Three. Outer Member. 

Difficult to take picture but an easy part to solder on, just use the though holes as a guild.

The small end ramps are the last part to put and and while there is a very small etch to fill in the outer ends of the ramps I went for filling it up with solder.

After some final play around and clean up you get a very good looking cradle

phd9.jpg

WP_20200813_11_57_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20200817_00_22_01_Pro.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thank you so much Robin for taking the trouble to explain how to build it. I presume you were sent the exploded diagram when you bought them. I just received the etchings so was completely lost before I started!

I shall dig them out and follow your guide, once again many thanks.

all the best

Godfrey

I got the diagram sent to me as an attachment in my emailed receipt. The first one will be the hardest but try a dry runs for fit and take your time, the rest will be a doddle. Its very forgiving on looks if you are planning to have a load on it as you really can’t see much of it but I have a mint looking one that will be an unloaded cradle. Have fun.

• Thanks 1