A couple of mistakes fro Sweethome Chicago

Jon Grant 4472

I bought these 2 wood-and-white-lead kits on the cheap at a swapmeet and decided to build them during a lull in work on Sweethome Alabama. The Piledriver is a Paige Models kit and the shovel is a Rio Grande Models kit.

I decided to build them while Sweethome Chicago was still packed up after travelling at Easter and was happy with the results, so imagine the disappointment when both of them snagged all the tell-tails and wouldnt fit under either of the bridges at the ends of the layout.

D'oh!!!

Here's some photos anyway, although I can't see them running on the layout anytime soon.

IMG_6180.JPG

IMG_6182.JPG

IMG_6183.JPG

IMG_6185.JPG

IMG_6186.JPG

We live and learn.

Jon

How was the Barrow show?

Great. I was sited right in front of the stage and we were put up in a pub right next to the rugby club - in the same street as the town hall. Can't remember the exact name but it started with A.

I did manage to leave my 2 chairs at the show, but will get them back off Ian Edwards in August, fingers crossed.

I'll upload the few photos I got time to take at the show.

Jon

• RMweb Premium

Very nice models you have there.

I have the Rio Grande shovel kit to build, but keep shying away from it everytime I open the box and see all those little bits....

How difficult a build was it? rolleyes.gif

Archived