Website of signalbox diagrams

• AY Mod pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 14/08/2020 at 06:52, bartram108 said:

Why not bookmark the page in your browser?

On 14/08/2020 at 11:31, Peter Kazmierczak said:

I'm not very good with IT......

I have to agree with Peter. Whilst I do use browser bookmarks, I have never once had to send my diary away to a forensic laboratory to reconstruct my hard drive; none of my back up software automatically records them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Derekstuart said:

I have to agree with Peter. Whilst I do use browser bookmarks, I have never once had to send my diary away to a forensic laboratory to reconstruct my hard drive; none of my back up software automatically records them.

Obviously not on a mac with iCloud then , you poor thing , not only are my bookmarks backed up , they automatically transfer across all my devices ( 7) 

Edited by Junctionmad
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Junctionmad said:

Obviously not on a mac with iCloud then , you poor thing , not only are my bookmarks backed up , they automatically transfer across all my devices ( 7) 

You get that facility with Chrome too.

• Agree 1

On google chrome go to bookmark manager (3 dots top right corner - bookmarks - bookmark manager) three dots again on the blue bar in this and click on export to export a copy of all your current bookmarks to a new folder. I do this regularly and also keep a copy of this export on a hard drive.

Brit15

Edited by APOLLO
typo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Dagworth said:

I've just found this completely by accident, hope it is of interest https://limitofshunt.org.uk/

Andi

It is an excellent site albeit slightly limited in geographical terms but if you are interested in those parts of the railway it is an absolute goldmine.  And some (all?) of the documents are downloadable as PDF files  - a really generous act on the part of the site owner.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

It is an excellent site albeit slightly limited in geographical terms but if you are interested in those parts of the railway it is an absolute goldmine.  And some (all?) of the documents are downloadable as PDF files  - a really generous act on the part of the site owner.

The Sectional Appendixes cover a very wide area, worth a look for those alone!

Andi

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 14/08/2020 at 00:33, Peter Kazmierczak said:

There's a website with lots of signalbox diagrams on. It's NOT https://signalbox.org/ though that's very good too.

I've used it a number of times, but completely forgotten its name. Any ideas? It has lists of railway companies, then you click the link to the signalbox diagram. 

I was reminded by a dead link in an old post that signalbox.org suffered enforced modernisation earlier this year and as a result direct links to diagrams may be broken.  Do not despair - as far as I know, all the previous diagrams are still available (and new ones are being added).  The current link to an alphabetical list of diagrams is https://signalbox.org/track-layouts/alphabetically/ but if that changes, a search starting at the home page is not difficult.

• RMweb Premium
On 01/11/2020 at 12:23, The Stationmaster said:

albeit slightly limited in geographical terms

A favourite of mine, even more limited in geographical, terms is the Railway Operating Maps and Diagrams for the Lincoln district dated 1955.  Again, not signalling diagrams as such (though many of the boxes are available online) but full of useful information nonetheless.

https://www.photrek.co.uk/?page_id=958

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 11/06/2021 at 22:44, micknich2003 said:

I have a large collection of diagrams relating to all lines that once radiated from Hull c1875 to date, NERly and the entire H&BRly. For interest, a few attached.

3 ALEXANDRA DOCK.JPG

8 CANNON STREET.JPG

16 LOCOMOTIVE JUNCTION.JPG

Does anyone know of similar drawings or plans for Birmingham New Street station?

cheers,

Mike