Website of signalbox diagrams

1 hour ago, Royal42 said:

Does anyone know of similar drawings or plans for Birmingham New Street station?

cheers,

Mike

There are 6 pages on New Street in A Historical Survey of Selected LMS Stations (Volume 2) by RP Hendry and RP Hendry.

Mostly photos, not box diagrams unfortunately (although the book does contain a lot of those for other places) but there are detailed drawings:

• plan of the lines in the surrounding area
  • track layout 1850s
  • scale plan as applicable from the 1880s/1890s rebuilding until before 1960s reconstruction (occupying two pages)

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, micknich2003 said:

Springbank West, H&BRly c1904, an interesting layout and despite being goods only was worked by Absolute Block Regs. Of interest and worthy of comment is the working Down Distant in to the Shunt Neck.

Springbank West 1904.JPG

Not inconsistent with the early practice of worked distants leading to stop blocks in a terminus station.  Also noteworthy that  7 signal from the sidings to shunt neck is higher that no 8 leading to the Main lines.  There is no number against some of the shunt signals - so they were presumably worked with the corresponding points. 

Michael, of further interest the Shunt Neck Distant was carried over as a working signal in to the replacement locking frame of c1905, c1914 it was made fixed when the lever was reused for a Draw Ahead signal. N07 was indeed the taller doll, see attached.

016B SPRINGBANK WEST 1.jpg

016B SPRINGBANK WEST 2.jpg

016B SPRINGBANK WEST 3.jpg

1 B No139 File this one..jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

My club - Blackburn & East Lancs MRS - are in the planning stage for a new 00 layout.

Current favourite is Beattock station and the Moffat branch.

Period will be 1950's, 1960's .

We have  drawings of the two signal box diagrams for the period, after the turntable was moved to the south of the station, but we can't find a large scale map showing the layout accurately. 

Any advice on sources of information in the time period will be very gratefully received.

Steve Hewitt.

Edited by Steve Hewitt
Spelling correction.

On 22/11/2021 at 23:05, Steve Hewitt said:

My club - Blackburn & East Lancs MRS - are in the planning stage for a new 00 layout.

Current favourite is Beattock station and the Moffat branch.

Period will be 1950's, 1960's .

We have  drawings of the two signal box diagrams for the period, after the turntable was moved to the south of the station, but we can't find a large scale map showing the layout accurately. 

Any advice on sources of information in the time period will be very gratefully received.

Steve Hewitt.

Hi Steve,

I have been working on the idea of a Beattock station layout (though in N gauge) for a little while, and have been having the darndest time trying to find the info for the signal boxes. Can I ask where you got the signal box drawings/plans? Would be very appreciative of any info. I can have a dig around to see what I have on the time period if you like.

Cheers

Steve b

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve b,

I found the Beattock box diagrams via a Google search.

see:  https://signalbox.org/

beattocksth1961.jpg.cf84375b77bd48322a94cf105bb05ba8.jpg____________________________________________________________________________________________

beattocksth1912.jpg.a088b1b0c548c97988fdfb070c8d16ef.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________

beattocknthc1915.jpg.5f235a135b4060f41be1d3f462de64d0.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

beattocknth1961.jpg.415d764eb402c6d1ac1713b045fed88f.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I can't find any large scale maps which corresponmd to the track plans shown here.

All the maps I've seen have the turntable by the shed, and seemingly much smaller.

I'd appreciate any further information you can supply about Beattock including buildings and other infrastructure.

Steve.