DCC Supplies

Markmiller2008

Hi All

Does anyone know of any issues at DCC supplies currently?

Website states that they are running with less staff and reduced hours but i've waited over a month for an order and three emails and numerous phone calls to them i'm not getting a response.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Very Strange, not had any issues before but I've been waiting a month now for a Digitrax DS52 i ordered from them. 

No communication at all, tried ringing again yesterday during their opening hours and the phone had a message saying it was outside their opening hours. 

Will have to try again next week.

Mark 

• 1 year later...

Evening folks.

Would anyone know why DCC Supplies appear to be temporarily closed at the moment?
I’ve got a friend who wants to send a loco to them for repairs but I can’t seem to find any information on when (or if) they’ll be open again?

Nick

I have found that they can be very difficult to get hold of over the phone, with the line being permanently engaged. When I did eventually get through I was told that "They were very busy on the phone" to which I replied What over two days all day????. Not a good first impression.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andymsa said:

It says on there website, phone lines are closed

Yes, because it's the weekend and the shop is closed.

You will notice the working hours times underneath where the telephone lines are open.

A lot of websites now have the facility to report in real time whether their phones are operating or not.

If the shop is shut then the real time update on the website will record the fact that the phones are not working.

It's to save you ringing up and wasting your time.

21 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Yes, because it's the weekend and the shop is closed.

You will notice the working hours times underneath where the telephone lines are open.

A lot of websites now have the facility to report in real time whether their phones are operating or not.

If the shop is shut then the real time update on the website will record the fact that the phones are not working.

It's to save you ringing up and wasting your time.

it’s was like that with the message during opening times, also google says temporarily closed

Edited by Andymsa

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Google records temporarily closed because Google is tied into their business hours, so if they are shut over the weekend Google will record them as closed.

That shouldn't be the case. It should say Closed or opens 9am Monday etc. Unless they have gone on holiday then they can mark as Temporaily Closed. Here is an example of a nearby shop's Google listing.

Service options: In-store shopping · In-store pick-up · Delivery

Address: Widnes WA8

Hours:

Closed ⋅ Opens 10AM Mon

• RMweb Gold

From their website 2 minutes ago:

Click & Collect Hours

Monday - Friday 10am to 4pm

Saturday - Closed

Sunday - Closed

Telephone Hours

Sorry, Telephone Lines are Closed

Monday - 10.30am - 12pm / 2pm - 4pm

Wednesday - 10.30am - 12pm / 2pm - 4pm

Friday - 10.30am - 12pm / 2pm - 4pm

That seems pretty clear to me and is much the same vein as Widnes Model Centre is saying.

• 5 months later...