dcs 240 expanded slots and pc software

ahellary

Hello all you software guru's

this question has come up in my head while trying to bottom out something else .... and that is

the train controll software ... what ever the flavor is ...acts as far as loconet is concerened  a clever throttle ... but digitrax with the introduction of the dcs240 intruduced expanded slots (ie upto 400 loco slots in the command station) but the functionality has to be turned on in the later throttles to use the extra capacity....so my question is does the software of what ever flavor use the extended capacity

i ask this as there seems to be issues with using both legacy and the new extended throttles you can turn of the extra slots in the cs to stop the issue but i wondered what the situation is with the software implementation of the throttle

tony

Edited by ahellary

• 2 weeks later...

well i have  found out one (as i suspected) of the 2 main players does not support the expanded slots on the dcs240 but ive had no reply from the other one which i find dissapointing espcally as the the other replied back within a few hours

2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Is it really an issue for you to only have 120 slots available? If you purge slots regularly? If not, you have quite some layout. 

I have a very large layout and at this time I have 120 locos on the layout, with a capacity of around 400/500 once the layout is fully finished. With automation purging the slots would be problematic to obtain the most from a running session.

7 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Is it really an issue for you to only have 120 slots available? If you purge slots regularly? If not, you have quite some layout. 

the number of slots for me isnt reallly an issu what is an issue is running advanced and legacy throttles mixed and as the one software that has replied isnt supporting the extended at the moment then you have the mixture  i know the dt 402 and the 500 can turn off the use of the expaned slots but im not sure you can do that on the 602

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, ahellary said:

the number of slots for me isnt reallly an issu what is an issue is running advanced and legacy throttles mixed and as the one software that has replied isnt supporting the extended at the moment then you have the mixture  i know the dt 402 and the 500 can turn off the use of the expaned slots but im not sure you can do that on the 602

The Digitrax website has a helpdesk. I suggest you ask there. I'd be amazed if the DT6xx throttles are unable to access DCS240 features. 

20 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

The Digitrax website has a helpdesk. I suggest you ask there. I'd be amazed if the DT6xx throttles are unable to access DCS240 features. 

....i now know it can .......the issue is the software not being able to as mixing the 2 systems is not the best idea and can cause issues

tony

Edited by ahellary