Yellow green Colour for lower Hymek stripe

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

I need to touch up around the front of my Heljan OO Hymek and I have been looking into the bottom green line.

I understand it may well be up for debate but is there any humbrol close alternative to the Phoenix P138 BR yellow green? Or perhaps a car colour alternative?

I would use the Phoenix colour but mail order seems expensive, and I don't have a local source for it.

Regards,

James

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Just searched around a bit more and found someone who used humbrol 36 for his respray of a big big hymek in O gauge.

He had the advantage of re-spraying it all - I just need to touch up around the buffers (is it called a valance on the outside of the buffers underneath the body on the corners). I think my second hand hymek has a BR blue all black underneath and a green body.

I should be able to use the No.36 and lighten/darken to my needs - with a bit of weathering it should do the job nicely.

Regards,

James

The earlier releases of the green Heljan Hymeks did not have the buffer beam cowlings painted yellow-green as they should have been (apart from D7000 in its earliest days), so your model may simply have been one of these.

I have one such model and had to paint the cowlings myself, using (I think) Precision yellow-green, which was a good match for the Heljan colour.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help you with the paint match, but may explain why you need it in the first place.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Had a look at Howes website and that seems the most sensible option - humbrol paints are more attainable for me locally - but I might as well get the best option, and order a few more 'nice to haves' to make sure the postage is worth it!

Thanks again,

James