BRADFORD RAILWAYS IN COLOUR

paul 27

There was a short thread on these (and the two proceeding volumes on the GN Queensbury lines) a couple of years ago;

I have Volume 2 which covers the L&Y  and GN lines, and it is well worth the purchase price with good photographic reproduction. Size is 250mm x 200mm landscape with 128 pages. One photo to a page with caption beneath. Volume 1 (Midland lines) is similar format but apparently slightly shorter at 112 pages.

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Both "Janes" format, but slightly bigger. 

I bought the first one after a 2 minuite browse, such was the quality and previously unpublished photos. Volume 2 I just bought without browsing both excellent publications.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

A heads up that Vol.3 in this series is due out soon, as seen on a flyer in my local model shop, Frizinghall Models & Railways.

93A219BD-F93F-4498-8181-2CD73A23F4AF.jpeg

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Picked up a copy of this today from my local model shop (Frizinghall M&R) .... similar vain to the first two volumes with some great atmospheric photos. :read:

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, HighlandRailwayman said:

mine arrived this afternoon and very pleased with it i am too - definitely a good quality of interesting pics reproduced well

Likewise, I've just managed a very quick skip through having just got home from work.

Whilst I enjoyed the previous books this volume is very much about the eras and locations that I remember whilst 'growing up' so very much a trip down memory lane (or should that be Hammerton St. ?) This one will definately be studied in great depth over the next few days.

Hats off to Willowherb for publishing another superb colour album solely devoted to this slightly more obscure area of interest. :good_mini:

Regards,

Ian alias 03 060 which puts in an appearance on p.26 ....just as I remember it !

• 11 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Have just picked up the new Vol.4 in the Railways of Bradford series by Willowherb Publishing, bought mine rather appropriately from Frizinghall Models & Railways.

Only allowed myself a quick peek as it's a Christmas present.

Regards,

Ian.

84B4B6E1-1DD7-41F5-AA3C-FAC31B3EA81C.jpeg

Edited by 03060
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Ben04uk said:

Does this cover as far out as Ilkley and does it have any photos from the 1970s?

Yes and I think so but unfortunarely I've lost custody of my copy until Dec 25th so can't check the photo dates, I managed a quick flick through and remember seeing several photos taken at Guiseley and out to Ilkley. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ian.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Sadly Jan died at the end of October. I understand Alan will continue with the research they had accumulated.

I only heard this myself on Saturday whilst in Frizinghall M&R. A great shame (not that I knew him personally) but at least his and Alan's books are a great legacy to leave behind for others to enjoy.

Regards,

Ian.

• Agree 4