HYA/IIA, BY Accurascale in OO/4mm scale!

• RMweb Premium

while 2016 saw the debut of the first hoppers cut down to a smaller size for dedicated stone workings, with around 150 converted so far (These are both are of interest to us. Watch this space...)

Here's hoping I don't have to do a cut n shut again.............

• Like 4

I am pleased with this announcement, but I probably won't be buying any large coal ones.

Shorty aggregate, or big ones with the biomass conversion OTOH I would be dead keen. Sorry for sounding negative, just need to be fussy now given the stuff I already have on order :lol:

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh you swines!

another wagon I’m going to have to get a few of in various guises, I have 1st hand experience of these having both worked them with GBRF and fastline, in fact I worked the first batch of the 100 wagon fastline order from rugby to Doncaster when they arrived via the tunnel from the manufacturer 

a nice little modellable train of 6 or 7 wagons, unbranded and hauled by a DRS 66

10052008797-1.jpg

I have plenty of pics of these in various formations, full fastline, part fastline/GBRF, full GBRF 

DRS loco, unbranded wagons
27052008843.jpg

DRS loco, GBRF wagons

24052008836.jpg

DRS loco, Fastline wagons

02062008877.jpg

Fastline loco, fastline wagons

DSCF2050.jpg

Fastline loco GBRF wagons

DSCF2057.jpg

Even a fastline 56 had a go (the one and only time one worked a coal train for fastline)

Image038-1.jpg

Metronet loco, GBRF wagons

17052008818-1.jpg

GBRF loco, fastline wagons

04062008894-1.jpg

And if you are feeling flush why not model chaddesden sidings on a Sunday morning all 5 fastline 66s and 3 complete rakes of 21 wagons, and 1 rake of 20 wagons

Image504.jpg

As you can see plenty of scope for swapping and changing both wagons and locos!

Edited by big jim
  • Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, classy52 said:

To confirm, are you only doing 1 twin pack for the unpainted Touax?

Just a bit surprised you haven't included 3 packs off the bat for unpainted Touax as you've done for Fastline & GBRf.

That is correct, most are still branded GBRf and Fastline and run together so we added a bonus Touax pack to make a prototypical rake for operational interest. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

And great value as the Bachmann HTA is retailing at £50+ - that's if you can find one (Amazon has them @ £66 + postage!). 

Does each pack have a wagon with a rear light? If so and you order a bundle, how many wagons with lights will you receive? Can the light be removed?

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

And great value as the Bachmann HTA is retailing at £50+ - that's if you can find one (Amazon has them @ £66 + postage!). 

Does each pack have a wagon with a rear light? If so and you order a bundle, how many wagons with lights will you receive? Can the light be removed?

One GBRf wagon and one Fastline wagon has the tail light, so one wagon per GBRf and Fastline bundle and two per total bundle will have the light. It can be removed with a bit of bodging/modelling! 

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

One GBRf wagon and one Fastline wagon has the tail light, so one wagon per GBRf and Fastline bundle and two per total bundle will have the light. It can be removed with a bit of bodging/modelling! 

Cheers!

Fran

Now you've gone and done it. You've mentioned the m word...

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran

Having had time to read  bit more about them, I see that if you order the ultimate bundle you'll get 3 wagons with lights. So the next question(s) - do they work with DC / DCC; are they always on (when power is applied) or switchable? Will look a bit odd with multiple lights in a rake although I could always add one to the end of my rake of HTA; as none of them have a light - not bothered if it never happens in real life.

I suppose I have to ask, expecting the answer "we don't know yet", whether future releases might just be packs of 2 without lights so a more realistic rake can be set up. 

PS - sorry if I'm coming across as fussy!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, bartram108 said:

Having had time to read  bit more about them, I see that if you order the ultimate bundle you'll get 3 wagons with lights. So the next question(s) - do they work with DC / DCC; are they always on (when power is applied) or switchable? Will look a bit odd with multiple lights in a rake although I could always add one to the end of my rake of HTA; as none of them have a light - not bothered if it never happens in real life.

I suppose I have to ask, expecting the answer "we don't know yet", whether future releases might just be packs of 2 without lights so a more realistic rake can be set up. 

PS - sorry if I'm coming across as fussy!

Not at all fussy! Only two wagons have the tail light as previously stated. One GB and one fast line. The tail light is the same as our PTA wagons, battery powered with switch. HTH

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Really impressed by these but unfortunately I won’t be getting any as they don’t go anywhere near where I model.  It might have been different had I continued with modelling the joint line between Spalding and Peterborough but I’ve chosen to model in a similar area but on a different route.

• RMweb Premium

Another fantastic announcement Accurascale!

I had actually been thinking that it wouldn't be long before we saw the HYA/IIA in RTR form in OO. Money dependant but I may buy some of these. I also think that the price of £210 for six of the GBRf HYAs is fantastic. I can't think of any other manufacturer that can offer such competitive prices especially on wagons and rolling stock. I can see these been extremely popular, especially seen as though haulage has been 60s, 66s and 70s recently. 

Just out of interest and in case I can't resist the bundle pack of six GBRf HYAs, do you know when the pre-ordering/paying of deposits will close if they are due to arrive in Q2 2021? 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Another fantastic announcement Accurascale!

I had actually been thinking that it wouldn't be long before we saw the HYA/IIA in RTR form in OO. Money dependant but I may buy some of these. I also think that the price of £210 for six of the GBRf HYAs is fantastic. I can't think of any other manufacturer that can offer such competitive prices especially on wagons and rolling stock. I can see these been extremely popular, especially seen as though haulage has been 60s, 66s and 70s recently. 

Just out of interest and in case I can't resist the bundle pack of six GBRf HYAs, do you know when the pre-ordering/paying of deposits will close if they are due to arrive in Q2 2021? 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Hi Danny,

Many thanks for your kind words.

We do not close pre-ordering on new models until they come into stock and then ordering only stops when they go out of stock. We can take installment payments between now and when the models arrive but the installments must be paid in full when the model comes into stock. I hope that helps.

Many thanks,

Fran

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Really impressed by these but unfortunately I won’t be getting any as they don’t go anywhere near where I model.  It might have been different had I continued with modelling the joint line between Spalding and Peterborough but I’ve chosen to model in a similar area but on a different route.

They dont go anywhere near my modelling area, but I will certainly get some at that quality and price, and they can visit my area.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Danny,

Many thanks for your kind words.

We do not close pre-ordering on new models until they come into stock and then ordering only stops when they go out of stock. We can take installment payments between now and when the models arrive but the installments must be paid in full when the model comes into stock. I hope that helps.

Many thanks,

Fran

Hi Fran, 

You are most welcome. As usual the detailing looks fantastic. 

Thank you for confirming that the pre-orders do not close. That's ideal for me because if I do buy some it probably won't be just yet until I have paid the money for my outstanding pre-orders. Paying in installments is also a really good option to have and it might be something that I do in future. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

30 minutes ago, McC said:

We offer a range of flexible options - for both in stock and preorders - https://accurascale.co.uk/pages/flexible-instalment-options

You can order today, choose Direct Debit at checkout, and set up weekly or monthly payments between now and stock arrival!

That's brilliant, thank you very much for letting me know. 

I have to say the easy pre-ordering of items on your website, just makes it even more convenient for people like me who love your models to keep ordering more. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Just now, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

if I do buy some it probably won't be just yet until I have paid the money for my outstanding pre-orders

That's my thinking with the CS mk5s, I don't want to be tied to them as they are a "want" rather than a "need*"

*if there is such a think in model railways

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

That's my thinking with the CS mk5s, I don't want to be tied to them as they are a "want" rather than a "need*"

*if there is such a think in model railways

I don't blame you. See because I model the north really I have to have a rake of TPE MK5s, to run with 68019 and 68023. With the GBRf HYAs I have four GBRf 66s by Bachmann, four FL 70s, one Colas 70, that have all debuted on workings with these wagons before, but for me they aren't a must have, because I tend to concentrate on DRS locos and stock. But hopefully, money depending I might be able to place an order in say Q1 next year for a pack of HYAs with GBRf branding because they would look fantastic running with GBRf 66s. 

I have separate wishlists for models depending on if I really need them or if I would just like to buy them because they are nice, offer value for money etc, so I know exactly what you mean. With so many new models appearing at the moment we have to narrow down what we buy and I find lists are a really good way of doing this. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 2