HYA/IIA, BY Accurascale in OO/4mm scale!

6 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

With so many new models appearing at the moment we have to narrow down what we buy

Which is what I do and really only buy now from those who offer excellent models without stupid avoidable errors and/or tooling issues and who have moved away from 8 Pin circuit boards/decoders setups.

Anyway, in regards to the HYA/IIA's I will most likely get the GBRF Bundle along with the unpainted TOUAX Pack but more than likely just before release to ensure I have the funds to accommodate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Not at all fussy! Only two wagons have the tail light as previously stated. One GB and one fast line. The tail light is the same as our PTA wagons, battery powered with switch. HTH

Cheers!

Fran 

Your advert for the Touax versions states one will have a tail light - so in the ultimate bundle of all 14 models there will be 3 with lights. No?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 7013 said:

They dont go anywhere near my modelling area, but I will certainly get some at that quality and price, and they can visit my area.

I did consider that but as I’m on a fixed income and ordered several other Accurascale items plus others, I just can’t afford them :unsure:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

See because I model the north really I have to have a rake of TPE MK5s, to run with 68019 and 68023. With the GBRf HYAs I have four GBRf 66s by Bachmann, four FL 70s, one Colas 70, that have all debuted on workings with these wagons before, but for me they aren't a must have, because I tend to concentrate on DRS locos and stock.

Yeah I say I buy my stock based on ECML around York (although I do have bits of Scotrail too), so I have both upcoming TPE 68s on order (and I have 034 already) and both TPE mk5 sets on order, but I have a GBRF 92 on order and they do get diverted ECML way so CS ones are a good option when sure fire purchases dry up if they ever do. I have 5 GBRF 66s so these wagons are ideal but I want the shortys/biomass really as I think they are more interesting. Shorty Cemex to go with Cemex Express would be amazing. If they were a tenner each I would have a go myself!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

They have dropped enough hints about the shorty hoppers.....

I guess we have to buy a few of the full length versions first to keep the Accurascale boys Guinness fund topped up...........

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just now, newbryford said:

They have dropped enough hints about the shorty hoppers.....

I guess we have to buy a few of the full length versions first to keep the Accurascale boys Guinness fund topped up...........

They sold all their Guinness on the back of wagons didn't they?

• Funny 1

7 minutes ago, classy52 said:

I think everyone has except for the two H's...funny enough I own only 2 loco's from one H and absolutely nothing from the other H.

Although there are also plenty of locos from somebody else who despite having 21 pins on the board don't offer any additional functionality other than speaker wiring. Recently they have righted this wrong, and stuff that has been around for years fair dos (that includes the 2 H's) but developing new stuff with 8 pin is annoying.

1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

Although there are also plenty of locos from somebody else who despite having 21 pins on the board don't offer any additional functionality other than speaker wiring.

Yeah I only have 2 loco's from them as well, both 70's.

This is a brilliant choice and one that I have suspected for quite some time in coming. Its a body blow to Bachmann who again have been caught napping as they already had the HTA and should have been following that up for years. However, this will see a brilliant and quality model to come which I suspect has been designed around being able to be converted into a model for the ones fitted with doors for Biomass, much like the real thing. 

What is impressive with Accurascale is that they are picking the topics and models that are sure to be popular. This company at this rate, could soon expand to take a fair chunk of the market especially, if costs and standards can be kept at the margins we are seeing now and not rise much further, which has also befell Bachmann. 

The other issue I can see coming, is duplication because so many obvious types are being done and less and less options remain. While many see this as being something mainly focused on transition period, I now think that the current privatisation scene is just as popular as that era which previously dominated the market. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Fran & Co,

Another fantastic announcement from Accurascale. Great price and a popular wagon. The really good thing is you can run all these together in one rake from watching various workings on YouTube although I plan to double up on the GBRF coal branded packs to form a nice 20 wagon block working to go alongside the HTA’s and HHA’s. The real issue is building a bigger fiddle yard to hold them. 

Cheers

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, classy52 said:

Which is what I do and really only buy now from those who offer excellent models without stupid avoidable errors and/or tooling issues and who have moved away from 8 Pin circuit boards/decoders setups.

Anyway, in regards to the HYA/IIA's I will most likely get the GBRF Bundle along with the unpainted TOUAX Pack but more than likely just before release to ensure I have the funds to accommodate.

I couldn't agree more mate. Ultimately certain manufacturers that deliver models with QC issues and errors etc will lose out to manufacturers like Accurascale, because modellers and collectors will mostly opt for quality, especially when at the moment their are so many models on the market available. We all have to become more picky and choosy about what we buy because no one can afford every model that they might like. DCC features are so important now, the Accurascale 37s are going to look fantastic with so many lighting options, including for different running modes, day and night time running and even the control desk is going to be lit up, as well as the engine room I believe. That is quality and value for money all rolled into one, and the icing on the cake for both Accurascale and us is that the 37 is hugely popular with so many different noses, grilles, liveries and operators to model. 

I don't think I have ever seen the Touax HYAs, but I have seen plenty of rakes of the GBRf HYAs passing Church Fenton and Monk Fryston. If you get the Touax pack to mix with the GBRf pack it will add variety which is prototypical, because I was watching videos earlier which showed at least two different liveried HYAs per rake. It seems the most common mixed together are the GBRf and Fastline liveried HYAs. I believe I have seen this configuration in reality too. 

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Yeah I say I buy my stock based on ECML around York (although I do have bits of Scotrail too), so I have both upcoming TPE 68s on order (and I have 034 already) and both TPE mk5 sets on order, but I have a GBRF 92 on order and they do get diverted ECML way so CS ones are a good option when sure fire purchases dry up if they ever do. I have 5 GBRF 66s so these wagons are ideal but I want the shortys/biomass really as I think they are more interesting. Shorty Cemex to go with Cemex Express would be amazing. If they were a tenner each I would have a go myself!

So your TPE 68s will be slightly different to the ones I will have. I will have 019 and 023. I did want some of the CS MK5s and a 92 or two to go with, but I just can't afford it at the moment, but I will be happy regardless because I have quite a lot on order, and we can't have everything can we. 

I have to seen I would be keen to see the Cemex wagons produced. Maybe Accurascale will produce these in the future too. For now the GBRf HYAs and other liveries are brilliant. I have seen photos of the LTM 66721 tube map liveried 66 atop a rake of these wagons, from a few years ago and it does look like a very smart train to see in reality and replicate in model form. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Hi Accurascale...apologies for this question (just one of those awkward questions) but will your pre-order price increase post release if the product is still available or remain the same?

The price is the same regardless, just like all of our other products.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

I will have 019 and 023.

I missed 019 but am making up for it with 023 and 032.

CS MK5s

Yes that's it I am just playing that by ear! Depends a lot on what delays happen. At the moment Q1 is going to be expensive.

LTM 66721

I have one of those, I think it's possibly my favourite celeb livery. That or 66720 which I don't have.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Firstly thank you all for your feedback. We're quite excited for this wagon and it seems to have lots of fans. We done them in such a way that you can have GBRf or Fastline themed block trains, or a current train of all 7 packs as the Fastline wagons were absorbed into GBRf pools, though a 14 wagon train will be quite long but impressive nonetheless!

Thank you also for the orders so far, they have proven very popular indeed!

Here are some images for you to enjoy!

Cheers,

Fran

1.jpg.cec8e2be41f0c5ccaa8b974792f7e5eb.jpg

2.jpg.ba9ce97f42eb978b25197d3d4e4fa45a.jpg

5.jpg.9b8fece3f81386df9f77bc5c53de7126.jpg

7.jpg.a311900824c0d50483383d6b77bf4aa4.jpg

6.jpg.081a6f9b28f413f038907aba305a4a87.jpg

8.jpg.8048aba3fd4e82bbb4f0d85bca50a417.jpg

9.jpg.342473a1855019d8fda82f7cbf267877.jpg

10.jpg.1d012c01b7ab725e37673134d8011092.jpg

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 2

Just now, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Firstly thank you all for your feedback. We're quite excited for this wagon and it seems to have lots of fans. We done them in such a way that you can have GBRf or Fastline themed block trains, or a current train of all 7 packs as the Fastline wagons were absorbed into GBRf pools, though a 14 wagon train will be quite long but impressive nonetheless!

Thank you also for the orders so far, they have proven very popular indeed!

Here are some images for you to enjoy!

Cheers,

Fran

Ooh you're a naughty boy Fran...such a tease :smoke:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

i really cant decide if this will be that one rake of wagons where i say, sod it and go for the full 14 wagon bundle being as i have worked these wagons for over 10 years in all their guises and ive got plenty of appropriate traction for them

will hattons be selling them?

Edited by big jim

• RMweb Gold
Just now, big jim said:

i really cant decide if this will be that one rake of wagons where i say, sod it and go for the full 14 wagon bundle being as i have worked these wagons for over 10 years in all their guises and ive got plenty of appropriate traction for them

will hattons be selling them?

Hi Jim,

Yes they have them listed. They do not offer the bundle though.

Cheers!

Fran

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

8.jpg.8048aba3fd4e82bbb4f0d85bca50a417.jpg

Hi Fran

A most welcome announcement and I've always been surprised that no manufacturer has released this wagon long before...  :)

This leads me to a polite question if I may, regarding your bogie-fitted wagons in general...  I noticed that the PTA tipplers appear to be coming with clip-fit bogies, as opposed to what seems to be the current industry standard of screw-in bogie frames?  And observing the photo above, is it fair to conclude that the HYA will feature similar 'snap-in' assemblies? 

The main reason I ask is because in my experience, in the longer-term those snap-in bogies can often be just that, ie. they 'snap-in' and 'snap-off' - in that the small bogie-frame spigots tend to instantly break should there ever be a need to re-insert the bogie frame to the main body/underside. 

Personally, I would have thought that the screw-in type would have been preferable, unless there's something I'm missing and someone can enlighten as to how 'snap-fit' bogies may be advantageous...

thank you kindly...
Al

Edited by YesTor