HYA/IIA, BY Accurascale in OO/4mm scale!

29 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Funnily enough my first thought was to badly photoshop a DRS one as a tongue in cheek response to the conversation about the real ones being photoshopped!

That would have been good but you may get those who wouldn't get it and try to order causing a furor in the process and a page of back'n'forth...actually that would be even funnier :D

8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We like that the sight of these DRS branded wagons are giving you similar head scratching moments to us when we first saw them. We weren’t quite sure if they were dodgy photoshop either, but since looked into it and can confirm they were very real. To our knowledge two wagons got the branding for a trial service for Shap Summit - Salford stone workings under DRS.

Id also never doubt Tommy’s pedigree! If he saw it and snapped it then it’s real! 

Cheers!

Fran

Brilliant, Thank you Fran! I knew they were real but couldn't remember which freight flow they were going on trial for. I couldn't work out if it was one of the Settle & Carlisle flows to Drigg (which later used JNAs borrowed from GBRf) or the Shap - Salford workings. I have a feeling they may have from from the batch we once had in storage in Eastleigh Works - They rather rapidly filled the works up at one point with those and the ex Silverlink / London Midland 321s! 

Rich 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, surfsup said:

batch we once had in storage in Eastleigh Work

And it means you can add a Colas 47 as traction, as this is what took them south.

47739 4Z47 Freshford 13/04/10.

Flickr pic has auto embedded, click it for details of the working.

59003 has also taken them away, ex Eastleigh works.

59003 at Hawkeridge Junction  25.10.2018

Again, click to take you to the photographer's Flickr site

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 7

17 hours ago, tommyboy said:

For all those doubters still out there (you know who you are) here are some further shots of the logos on the wagons with the wagon numbers visible

thumbnail (32).jpg

thumbnail (33).jpg

Thanks for the close ups Tom, I'll have to check my photos later to see if they were from the Eastleigh batches! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the last few months I sold my N gauge versions of these. They were certainly on a like to have list in OO to go alongside the HTA’s and HHA’s so I was pleased to see this announcement. With the funds raised I’ve now been able to order a rake of 20 and watching videos of them through Carlisle there are nice mixed rakes with all brandings so the selection offered make this easy to create. Main issue will be building the big layout for them all to run.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Think we will have to replicate this in the office in 2021! 

The joys of DRIVE LOCK!!!!!

Although after watching a 56 on Railcam at Crewe there is one sound I think is missing for me from most locos and that is the sound of a driver walking over the ballast between cab doors when doing a run round a simple sound but one that could add a little something to and small layout or depot scene, just putting that out there.

• Like 2

On 03/12/2020 at 09:33, Accurascale Fran said:

Think we will have to replicate this in the office in 2021! 

Boys and their toys!!!  Hope the boss don't mind you playing.......  Then again you could use the scientific excuse of checking the speakers etc..

You'll know when you get it right - when car alarms go off in the car park!

Best Wishes,

Chris.

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/12/2020 at 02:06, Ollie P Learning OO gauge said:

Now the biomass wagons have been announced, it’s just waiting for the “cut down” versions! Any idea when liveries may be announced or is this hush hush at the moment? I’ve ordered the coal HYA 6 pack and when my student loan comes in I’ll be getting the biomass 8 pack haha!

They are the VTG/GBRf, they are on the website.

• RMweb Gold
On 22/12/2020 at 02:06, Ollie P Learning OO gauge said:

Now the biomass wagons have been announced, it’s just waiting for the “cut down” versions! Any idea when liveries may be announced or is this hush hush at the moment? I’ve ordered the coal HYA 6 pack and when my student loan comes in I’ll be getting the biomass 8 pack haha!

student loan...

selling my collection was kind of a student loan in my day... I classed it as borrowing from my collection. The final repayment was a Bachmann 41272, which I sold in 1997 and just bought a replacement in 2017.

Turned out to be an interest free loan, sold for c£34, replaced for the same.

Edited by adb968008
  • Friendly/supportive 2