HYA/IIA, BY Accurascale in OO/4mm scale!

Hi @Accurascale Fran,

Probably an obvious question that I have answered myself, but I take it that all these Wagons are being offered in pristine as built condition?

I.E. without the metal tarnish that they have developed after running around the past 10 years or so.

Just wondering as am trying to decide whether I should order some of Full-sized originals or the later cut-downs.

Also, obviously it depends how well this batch sells, but have you thought about potentially doing a batch with the tarnish finish, & perhaps maybe with graffiti?

The wagon with Garfield on it comes to mind, although unlike the Graffiti Artists/Vandals you'd probably need a Licence to do that one!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Our HYA/IIA wagons are progressing well at the factory, and on course for a Q3 2021 delivery. This includes the original coal carrying HYAs, the IIA Biomass wagons and the cut-down HYA aggregate hoppers.

IMG_3524.jpg.3485b4bee5e20801a7c9cbd961700bd1.jpg

IMG_3522.jpg.ddcc0a1732f1e2e17fbce8cf95434d6e.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg.61b26bfc5dff256978f2cea6512d82a7.jpg

Ordered yours yet? Grab yours today via your local stockist, or direct via our website! https://accurascale.co.uk/

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Did you know there is over 150 separate tampo printing processes PER SIDE on each single one of our HYA/IIA coal and biomass hoppers? Even the bogies have 25 tampo printing processes on their own!

As you can see in these photos (and the video if you are on Facebook!), there is a huge amount of wagons to get through and get printed for each process. Demand for these wagons has been huge and production run has been planned to cater for it accordingly.

925680544_ImagefromiOS(38).jpg.e32fa600acadb0832e42ce33ebd27f89.jpg

733969310_ImagefromiOS(39).jpg.0b639ffed3ecf06994e3c491edfa5479.jpg

843121603_ImagefromiOS(41).jpg.150f73fa746a1dd29385252ab050684c.jpg

As a result the delivery of these wagons will now be at the end of this year. We are very sorry for this delay but as you can see, the factory have a huge amount of work to get them done and get them right and are working night and day to get them finished.

Over 75% of this production run is now pre-sold, so some packs are now becoming an endangered species.

Cheers,

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I really should get some of these ordered as when I with fastline they were the bread and butter of my working life for 3 years and at GB I have worked them into and out of ratcliffe a few times (a coal train ran last weekend into there with these wagons but I was away or I’d have grabbed it off the vacancy list!)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I'd love to see Gregg Wallace going round your factory (just think of the noises he'd make!) - every time I see your factory (and the others') on these various pics and videos it reminds you how intricate it all is - in the mind somehow you just assume it's one big sausage machine production line, starting with liquid plastic and ending up an hour later with a finished printed up wagon! :lol:

Then you see all this and realise how it's so many different bits and repetitive printing processes, big trays of models everywhere higgledy piggeldy moving slowly round and then real people assembling like a painted up Parkside kit, always mind blowing to see it playing out! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi Fran and all at Accurascale,

It’s great to see the image of the printed sides at the factory. I think it’s captured the look of them brilliantly and the faded/removed first branding looks very effective. A block trainload off these is going to look very good. 

Thanks

Mark

• Thanks 2

I have bitten the bullet and bought the 14 pack of wagons, all the variations.  

When you first see the cost of £469 it is a bit eye watering.  

But when you think about it, it works out at £33.50 a wagon, which in the hobby's current financial climate is an absolute steal.  

The whole rake can be legitimately hauled by my various Bachy and Hattons 66s in First GBRF, GBRF europorte, 2x Royal Scotsmans and Fastline liveries  and 14 wagons is long enough to portray the real things presence of 20 wagons.  

Still didnt help much when I confirmed the payment and the money left my paypal account mind you!  I also dont think I can justify stretching out the rake to 20 wagons!  

If we can have EWS HTAs next that would be great, the prices the Bachy models are for sale on ebay are eyewatering!  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, steven156 said:

I have bitten the bullet and bought the 14 pack of wagons, all the variations.  

When you first see the cost of £469 it is a bit eye watering.  

But when you think about it, it works out at £33.50 a wagon, which in the hobby's current financial climate is an absolute steal. 

Yes, I have a rake of 8 biomass and a rake of 8 shortys and as you say the total comes to a lot of money, but £33.50 for a (in the case of the long ones) wagon that is about 275mm long in the current scheme of things is a good deal.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We have just provided an update on our HYA, IIA Biomass and cutdown HYA wagons which you can read here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/hya-iia-and-cutdown-hya-update-october-2021   

The Coal hoppers will arrive in mid December and the Biomass will arrive in January 2022. Check out the update for all the details. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We have just provided an update on our HYA, IIA Biomass and cutdown HYA wagons which you can read here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/hya-iia-and-cutdown-hya-update-october-2021   

The Coal hoppers will arrive in mid December and the Biomass will arrive in January 2022. Check out the update for all the details. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks for the update Fran. Really looking forward to these. Are bundle packs still available?

Regards Gary 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, gary_lner said:

Thanks for the update Fran. Really looking forward to these. Are bundle packs still available?

Regards Gary 

We've modified how they work so you can now pick and mix two or more of any packs and get 10% applied at checkout. HTH!

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, McC said:

We've modified how they work so you can now pick and mix two or more of any packs and get 10% applied at checkout. HTH!

The only thing missing is the gold filling extraction and all payment methods are in place,whats a shirt worth these days,i hope with all our hard earned you are buying Teslas as company cars.Keep up the good work guys.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The only thing missing is the gold filling extraction and all payment methods are in place,whats a shirt worth these days,i hope with all our hard earned you are buying Teslas as company cars.Keep up the good work guys.

We're furiously spending every bean and shirt on new tools :)

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 hours ago, McC said:

That's great cheers. Have you got any videos of these models in action? Would be nice to see how the perform on a layout.

Regards Gary 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gary_lner said:

That's great cheers. Have you got any videos of these models in action? Would be nice to see how the perform on a layout.

Regards Gary 

Hi Gary,

We dont at the moment due to the pandemic etc it was a bit tricky but our in house testing shows they run very smoothly. We will organise something between now and arrival but of course you can always order with confidence beforehand and if not satisfied with performance return them as per your statutory rights. 

HTH

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2021 at 18:20, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Gary,

We dont at the moment due to the pandemic etc it was a bit tricky but our in house testing shows they run very smoothly. We will organise something between now and arrival but of course you can always order with confidence beforehand and if not satisfied with performance return them as per your statutory rights. 

HTH

Fran 

No problem at all Fran. I've no doubt the wagons will be absolutely spot on and I'm lining up some 66s to be used for them when they arrive.

Regards Gary 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on these; we've had to make modifications to the internal packaging as the initial vac form did not protect the wagons adequately, following testing, so each wagon had to be fully repackaged following modifications. These will now be in stock and ready for dispatch in mid January 2022.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2