HYA/IIA, BY Accurascale in OO/4mm scale!

• RMweb Gold

Hi Al,

Many thanks for your interest. These bogies are indeed snap in, like pretty much every other bogie wagon on the market.

The advantage is they just pop in easily, without having to look for screwdrivers, losing screws etc. If previous releases have been brittle it’s down to quality of Plastic perhaps, or constant removal. Ours will be durable.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

These bogies are indeed snap in, like pretty much every other bogie wagon on the market.

Thanks for your response Fran, although I'm not so sure I agree with the above, as virtually all of my Bachmann, Hornby, Dapol, Hattons and from what I've seen of forthcoming Cavalex bogied stock, are screw-fitted assemblies...  so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that point...   :jester:

49 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

If previous releases have been brittle it’s down to quality of Plastic perhaps, or constant removal.

Yes, I've found it can sometimes be due to brittle plastic, or/and also the point at which the bogie-spigots meet the bogie-frame being too flexible/inadequate strength - I've had many simply snap-off/bend on first attempt at re-inserting, so with all due respect not necessarily due to constant removal.   And no, I'm not what I would consider 'ham-fisted' either...   :lol:  ;)

thanks for clarifying anyway...

Al 

Edited by YesTor

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, YesTor said:

Thanks for your response Fran, although I'm not so sure I agree with the above, as virtually all of my Bachmann, Hornby, Dapol, Hattons and from what I've seen of forthcoming Cavalex bogied stock, are screw-fitted assemblies...  so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that point... 

Al 

Hi Al,

Happy to clarify for you and hopefully they appeal to you and you feel compelled to place an order for them still.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Must admit that I've not snapped a clip in bogie for many years now and have a few in my fleet. Lost screws or knackered threads on the plastic chassis are more common....

IME of course.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I missed 019 but am making up for it with 023 and 032.

Yes that's it I am just playing that by ear! Depends a lot on what delays happen. At the moment Q1 is going to be expensive.

I have one of those, I think it's possibly my favourite celeb livery. That or 66720 which I don't have.

I don't blame you making up for it with the batch of TPE due for delivery soon. The TPE livery is superb especially on the 68. 

I'm the same, I mean I probably won't be able to afford any of the CS MK5s or 92s to go with them, but if I can't I will have been fortunate enough to have plenty of other stuff. Had the 20/3s and 37s from Bachmann and Accurascale not all been arriving between December and March I would have had some spare money, but not to worry because the 20s and 37s are two of my favourite classes of loco. 

I have LTM 718, Night/Day & Rainbow 720, LTM 721 and Maritime 727. I like all of four of the liveries but I have to say 721 does look splendid, I think the colourful tube map works really well on the white background. I would say it's my favourite out of the four, and the other three are equally as good, I'm not even sure if I can separate them for 2nd, 3rd and 4th place. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, big jim said:

I’m not convinced by those DRS wagons either!

i can’t find any reference to them taking them on after fastline ended or indeed any photos, happy to be proved wrong though

Yeah I'm the same because like I said those logos to me don't look right as in being superimposed using software, but yes happy to be proved wrong as well.

Edit: Just did a quick search and found another photo which I can't post without permission but in my opinion it looks fake like someone has done a fictional livery on the IIA. 

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Yeah I'm the same because like I said those logos to me don't look right as in being superimposed using software, but yes happy to be proved wrong as well.

Edit: Just did a quick search and found another photo which I can't post without permission but in my opinion it looks fake like someone has done a fictional livery on the IIA. 

Do you mean this one on flickr? (It does look a bit lot fake)

Edited by newbryford
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

and then there was this

026.jpg

Thanks for posting this photo Tommy. I never knew that the HYAs had carried DRS branding. I don't suppose you have details of or can remember anything about the working/s that you saw the DRS branded HYAs on, any headcodes for the working/s, what traction was hauling them and roughly what time the DRS branded HYAs were in traffic/in service? 

I am now most intrigued, because been a big DRS fan I never knew about this. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

1 hour ago, classy52 said:

Did somebody Photoshop the DRS logo onto those wagons, they don't look like they belong?...Accurascale did you know about this :angry:

Don't anybody tell Danny aka DRS Crewe on a Mission...

Well I never! Not sure how I didn't know about this, but this is a really interesting development. What's even stranger is that I have bought several different rail magazines for years, I have been a member of many info/gen sites for years, and I have been on Flickr for seven years and I haven't know about this. You would have thought I would have known about this before now. 

I wouldn't mind but I have no idea as to when, what flows and and as to what traction have actually hauled these DRS branded HYAs, so it's not as if I can accurately search for any further details online. 

Just checked on Flickr searching both 'DRS branded HYA wagon' and 'DRS branded IIA wagon' for good measure and not one result for either searches. This continues to be interesting. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Gold

It’s certainly intriguing, I can’t remember anything in the railway press about DRS using the wagons either and the logos in the images certainly look ‘manipulated’ but if you say you saw them then who am i to disagree

I know DRS in the past have done publicity things with vinyl as a one off for pics then removed, ASDA livery class 66 comes to mind 

Edited by big jim
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

The only other reference I can find to them being used by DRS is for stone flows, there are pics on Flickr of them still with Fastline branding being hauled by a pair of DRS 37s from long Marston to Kingmoor 

https://flic.kr/p/tgyXfy

i suspect getting a pic of them with DRS branding was a lucky occurrence (even though they still look faked!) 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, big jim said:

The only other reference I can find to them being used by DRS is for stone flows, there are pics on Flickr of them still with Fastline branding being hauled by a pair of DRS 37s from long Marston to Kingmoor 

https://flic.kr/p/tgyXfy

i suspect getting a pic of them with DRS branding was a lucky occurrence (even though they still look faked!) 

Thanks for the photo and the info Jim, even if the branding in the photo is Fastline and not DRS. From this we also now know that Fastline hoppers at least as per the photo have seen some use working out of Shapp, presumably with DRS traction, as per the photo and caption. 

You have actually helped me with the answer to another question too. I was wondering the other day when DRS 37601, 603 and 604 were repainted into DRS Compass, because I have trawled the internet and for these three 37/6s I can't find anything to suggest a particular month or year. But from this photo I now know that both 603 and 604 were in Compass by October 2010 and back out in traffic, so this is excellent, thanks Jim. 

I was looking regarding these three locos potentially been produced by Accurascale at some stage, within another batch. I have been making notes about the time span in which each modern 37 has worn each livery. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

In looking at the photo then it does seem a little weird, and I am not say in it "is", or "is not" genuine - BUT

If you look close on something simple such as MS Paint, part of the wagons vinyl does have a vertical line where the weld is (as shown) with the arrow.  There are a couple of smaller lines on the edges of the logo to as you go further along the wagon - even more blurry.

The other thing that springs to my mind is - with it being two vehicles at the end of a rake, these would be nearest the locomotive, possibly permitting a PR photo opportunity?   The next question would be (if) it did exist is whether only one or both sides of the wagon were given this treatment.

A few years ago - knowing DRS had run a few trains using large bogie hoppers  I did have a quick perusal on the web to see what they used.  I never found a photo of an HHA, but I did find an image of one of a newer batch of FLHH wagons wearing a DRS logo.

If anyone wants to go any further - then maybe a visit to the original site may be of use, to determine if their site has any other possibly altered images on it? 

Disclaimer: I've been watching too much NCIS with the Mrs!

Best Wishes to all,

C.

image.png

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We like that the sight of these DRS branded wagons are giving you similar head scratching moments to us when we first saw them. We weren’t quite sure if they were dodgy photoshop either, but since looked into it and can confirm they were very real. To our knowledge two wagons got the branding for a trial service for Shap Summit - Salford stone workings under DRS.

Id also never doubt Tommy’s pedigree! If he saw it and snapped it then it’s real! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

10 hours ago, newbryford said:

Do you mean this one on flickr? (It does look a bit lot fake)

The one I was referring to is the same photo but from a different site where it was copyrighted and had a 'buy this photo' tag on it hence why I didn't copy it to here, I never actually saw these on Flickr but this one looks even worse and yeah looks totally fake.

But with subsequent posts since my one the plot thickens with the original poster 'tommyboy' being quite certain these are real and since he took the photo thus for now will have to assume these are authentic making it quite interesting considering 'Big Jim' hadn't come across them in his job or even heard about them.

@tommyboy - when did you take the photo of these?

4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We like that the sight of these DRS branded wagons are giving you similar head scratching moments to us when we first saw them. We weren’t quite sure if they were dodgy photoshop either, but since looked into it and can confirm they were very real. To our knowledge two wagons got the branding for a trial service for Shap Summit - Salford stone workings under DRS.

Id also never doubt Tommy’s pedigree! If he saw it and snapped it then it’s real! 

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks Fran, then we can say case closed!...apologies for doubting you tommyboy :victory:

Just on a side, this is the first time I've seen photos of a wagon where the application of a branded logo looks very fake as if Photoshop'd and it still looks strange to the eye. 

It looks to me more like the 'Clarity' slider has been ramped up in Lightroom, which can sometimes make photos look a bit artifical in certain areas. Not saying its a bad photo by the way! :)

Edited by Pillar