ZAG Meetings

Sithlord75

For those 2mm Members who aren't on the VAG, but who have read their newsletter and have wondered at the Zoom Area Group that has been organised the details are below.

Topic: ZAG

Time: Second and Fourth Saturdays of the Month from 0900 GMT

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83287616944?pwd=WGRnQkprN1IwcitVRm56OThtMUFVUT09

Meeting ID: 832 8761 6944

Passcode: 222372

Meetings are presently scheduled for the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month, starting at 0900 GMT.  Please adjust for your present time zone!

The link, ID and Passcode are the same for each meeting as it is set up as recurring.  It was found last time that joining before I click start on my computer is possible but you find you get punted and have to rejoin once I do!  No, I don't know why.

Please note - August has 5 Saturdays in it and so there will be a three week gap between this weekend (23rd as the fourth Saturday) and the next (12th September as the second Saturday).

For those interested, it is basically a chat session where hints, tips and ideas are bandied about along with some show and tell.  Some people have been able to do little demonstrations for those watching from time to time - it really depends on your internet connection and bandwidth along with the set up you have as to how well it will work.

Cheers

Kevin of Oz

ZAG Co-ordinator

Edited by Sithlord75
updated log in details
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ian Smith said:

Kevin,

Sorry I had to drop out - my internet connection became unusable for the zoom meeting.

Ian

Sorry to hear that Ian.  It was good that you were able to join even for a little while.  Hopefully you'll be able to make the next one.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to those who joined us last night - especially the new people.  Hopefully you found it enjoyable and stimulating.  It isn't always about GWR locos!  (Thanks however to @queensquare and @Ian Smith for the informative discussion.  I enjoyed listening even if most of it still went well over my head!).

Next ZAG is 26th.  

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Sithlord75 said:

Thanks to those who joined us last night - especially the new people.  Hopefully you found it enjoyable and stimulating.  It isn't always about GWR locos!  (Thanks however to @queensquare and @Ian Smith for the informative discussion.  I enjoyed listening even if most of it still went well over my head!).

Next ZAG is 26th.  

Thanks Kevin. To be honest, both Ian and I were early so we just chatted away - didn't realise anyone else was listening!

Jerry

• Agree 1

On 13/09/2020 at 13:34, queensquare said:

Thanks Kevin. To be honest, both Ian and I were early so we just chatted away - didn't realise anyone else was listening!

Jerry

So true!

Jerry, in our conversation I mentioned the 517 I’ve started. A photo of the chassis below :

9752B6E3-EBF9-4A29-9756-1E4CFDEC01ED.jpeg.a4a0986b08940ea5ada539038845328b.jpeg

Chassis is a split milled brass affair, and will be secured to body by a bolt through the insulated hole at the back into the bunker.  The motor is one of the new 6mm diameter tramfabriek ones now stocked by the shop, sitting on a plasticard saddle, driving the leading drivers with a (very) old Association 36:1 worm and gear. The wheels are also old Association ones - steel stub axle, cast white metal wheel  with nickel silver tyre (same as I’ve used on my Dean Goods).

Ian

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Pixie said:

You jest, but I got stuck in traffic on the M25 this morning which meant I didn’t make it home in time.

Luckily, with the wonders of modern technology, I could still ‘attend’!

Pix 

Hi PS.

Do you have to quarantine comming back from France? Plenty of modelling opportunities!

Julia.

Edited by -missy-

Probably done his quarantine by the time he got off the M25!  :jester:

I once heard it described as the world's biggest parking place - inside lane = longterm parking; middle lane = short term parking; outside lane = looking for a parking place!

Jim

Edited by Caley Jim
  • Funny 1

21 hours ago, Pixie said:

You jest, but I got stuck in traffic on the M25 this morning which meant I didn’t make it home in time. 

Luckily, with the wonders of modern technology, I could still ‘attend’!

518C8F98-4832-495F-B604-753815ECB375.jpeg.0e618bc20ce65d41db3372eff28d942d.jpeg

Pix 

I wondered why you were 'videoless' in the meeting Steve - that explains it (although if you'd put the phone camera on, it would probably have been the first time a gearstick and handbrake attended a 2mm AGM)

Andy (one of the "co-hosts" for the Zoom meeting).

I was meant to be somewhere else this weekend but didn’t go. That meant the usual weekend routine so I was leaving the swimming baths just before 1100 and thought I would be unable to attend. To my surprise I found out that if I plug my phone into the car I can ‘join’ a zoom meeting through CarPlay but listening along without video seems to be the only functionality. Pixies set up seems to be less integrated and higher functioning as a result. 

On 19/09/2020 at 18:43, -missy- said:

Hi PS.

Do you have to quarantine comming back from France? Plenty of modelling opportunities!

Julia.

Hello Julia! How’s things? Congratulations on the Chairman’s Cup, well deserved! I was granted exemption from quarantine through work, although I still limited myself to only going to work and distancing/face-masking at all times just in case I was carrying it. Thankfully, all clear here. The time not spent outdoors certainly gave a lot of time to get some CAD work done, I even spent a little time on Autodesk Fusion which was fun. My other half did have to quarantine; two weeks indoors almost drove her insane.

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder the next ZAG will be this Saturday 10/10 from 1000 BST (just for symmetry - 0900 GMT for those playing along outside the UK - adjust for your local time zone).  Link and so forth still the same as the OP. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who joined in another enjoyable ZAG meeting tonight.  Next one won't be until 14th November (2nd Saturday) - start time still the same at 0900GMT although I understand the Clocks are going back in the UK tonight so that'll be an hour earlier for you over there when it comes around.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Sithlord75 said:

Thanks to all who joined in another enjoyable ZAG meeting tonight.  Next one won't be until 14th November (2nd Saturday) - start time still the same at 0900GMT although I understand the Clocks are going back in the UK tonight so that'll be an hour earlier for you over there when it comes around.

Thanks Kevin, another enjoyable session. I will do my best to get my Saturday morning chores - dogs, cats, chickens etc. - done in time for a prompt start.

Jerry

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...

G'day Zaggers.

Next ZAG is this coming Saturday, 14 November.  Usual start time of 0900 GMT - which means if you're in the UK as the clocks have gone back since the last ZAG you'll be on earlier than pervious.