ZAG Meetings

Sithlord75

Thanks to all, old and new, members of the ZAG for another successful meeting.  I am pleased to see a large number of people taking the oppotunity to work on their 2mm projects whilst being on-line.  Gives us the feel of a "real" AG - and the opportunity to ask questions (usually along the lines of "what are you doing?" first followed by "how'd you do that then?" - also, to borrow a phrase, just like the real thing!).

For what its worth I got about 40 transfers applied to some (sssh) US hoppers last night.

• 2 weeks later...

Next ZAG meeting is this coming Saturday the 28th of November 2020 at 0900 GMT.  Please synchronize your watches accordingly and adjust for your personal time zone.  Details remain as per the Original Post (OP).  Hope to see you there - and feel free to use the time to do some modelling as seems to becoming the custom amongst many regulars.

2 minutes ago, queensquare said:

Hoping to pop in at some point but I have grandson Ted for the day so it will be fleeting visits - we will will probably have loads of important stuff to do!

Jerry

I'd imagine.  My son is already planning what he is going to do with Grandpuff (yes, from Duke the Lost Engine) when the Summer Holidays start in a fortnight.

• Like 1

I was hoping to have Ogbourne turnouts finished and operational by the weekend to show. A rail a day and I’d have got there but the workshop monster was so hungry the last couple of days that I have had to put an order in to shop 1 for one more plain chair etch to have sufficient for either of the wing and closure rails. 

Our son has done his Christmas list and the format is as follows 

Dear Santa,

For Christmas please may I have
<list of Trackmaster trains most of which are characters that were limited run or are otherwise long since available new>

<pleasantries>
Thank you (name) 

<a couple of afterthoughts/additions that are not trains>

• Friendly/supportive 1

Good evening ZAGers - please note a change to the login details for the next ZAG meeting.  The new details are as below - and I have also edited the Original Post to make it easier to find.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87455864884?pwd=c1o5NG8ybkgyUXdTVVh1MnhMRUN6dz09

Meeting ID: 874 5586 4884
Passcode: 679480

The change has come about as we are using the 2mm Zoom Account rather than my personal one.  At this stage, the testing I have done indicates we should have no problems on Saturday.  Fingers crossed! 

Usual start time of 0900GMT.  We now do have a finish time - 1300 GMT so we are clear for other Area Groups who have asked for access.  The finish time is probably more relevant to the Aussies who tend to loiter around as they aren't having to go for lunch!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Happy New Year everyone – hopefully it’ll work out better than 2020 (although that’s not going to be a high bar to jump now is it?)

The first ZAG for this year is scheduled for this coming Saturday from 0900 GMT.  Details as below:

Topic: 2mm ZAG Meeting

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87455864884?pwd=c1o5NG8ybkgyUXdTVVh1MnhMRUN6dz09

Meeting ID: 874 5586 4884

Passcode: 679480

Hopefully we won’t have any issues for logging in via the hyperlink but those who did last time found that by using the meeting ID and Passcode they were able to get there.

Cheers

Kevin of Oz

ZAG Co-ordinator

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I have problems too since we switched to the 2mm account. It works on my Samsung phone but on the iPad it asks all sorts of questions and still won't let me in.

We also need to have the host attending as the snoring and then minor domestic was amusing but rather embarrassing.

Jerry

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

I had the same issue as Chris and ended up having to create a Zoom account to get around it whereas previously I didn't need one. That aside (& the ZZZZ) some interesting chat this morning. 

Tom.  

• Agree 1

I had a similar problem time before last but I found by using the password (series of numbers as I recall)  I was able to get access.  The password is on the invitation.

It was a very enjoyable evening with some interesting moments.  Apparently, life is not the fulfilled unless it includes a Unimat lathe.  :D

Many thanks to Mick for contacting Alan about Hallam Town.  Minories type layouts have fascinated me since I started in the hobby and Hallam Town being 2mmFS was particularly interesting.  I hope Alan will publish some photographs in its final incarnation so I can include it in my album before it changes hands.

Great to see you all again.

Kind regards

Geoff

16 hours ago, queensquare said:

I have problems too since we switched to the 2mm account. It works on my Samsung phone but on the iPad it asks all sorts of questions and still won't let me in.

We also need to have the host attending as the snoring and then minor domestic was amusing but rather embarrassing.

Jerry

I had previously created a Zoom account when I was asked to co-host the L&Y group wagon building tutorial sessions (so that Nick could concentrate on burning his fingers). I used these details when asked for the login yesterday and got in with no problems.

Agree totally re. the two incidents you mentioned - I hadn't realised it was possible to have a meeting without a host. It would certainly have been useful to have someone able to mute the offending person.

Andy

On 10/01/2021 at 16:32, 2mm Andy said:

I had previously created a Zoom account when I was asked to co-host the L&Y group wagon building tutorial sessions (so that Nick could concentrate on burning his fingers). I used these details when asked for the login yesterday and got in with no problems.

Agree totally re. the two incidents you mentioned - I hadn't realised it was possible to have a meeting without a host. It would certainly have been useful to have someone able to mute the offending person.

Andy

I think anyone who logs on via the 2mm account would become a co-host and able to moderate. So perhaps we just need a few more people who have those details.

Chris

Sorry about last meeting lads - I was out of town camping when the Qld State Government imposed a lockdown on Brisbane with a stay in place order if able for those out of town trying to come back.  Nice of them to stuff everyone around for a weekend with less than 24 hours notice!   ho hum

Same log in details will get you in for the coming Saturday - and I assume I'll have hosting privileges (and baring death or hospitalisation will most certainly be there!)

Following some administrative changes (Zoom log in principally) there is a new link and so forth for the ZAG meetings as show below:

Topic: ZAG

Time: Second and Fourth Saturdays of the Month from 0900 GMT

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83287616944?pwd=WGRnQkprN1IwcitVRm56OThtMUFVUT09

Meeting ID: 832 8761 6944

Passcode: 222372

I hope the issues which some of the regulars had been having following the change from my personal account (now deactivated and saving my hobby budget for other things like 2mm Shop 2 Orders!) to the 2mm FSA account have been ironed out.  

The next meeting is this coming Saturday 13 Feb from 0900 GMT as usual.  Hope to see as many of you as are able to join.

Cheers

Kevin

• Thanks 2

Thanks to all who joined tonight's (morning... depends where you are I guess) meeting.  As usual very interesting chats about a variety of things.  Pleased to say I almost finished my LNWR D16 brake during the 4 hours.  See you all in two weeks - 27 Feb (I may be late depending on getting back from my parents 50th wedding anniversary celebrations).

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Sithlord75 said:

Thanks to all who joined tonight's (morning... depends where you are I guess) meeting.  As usual very interesting chats about a variety of things.  Pleased to say I almost finished my LNWR D16 brake during the 4 hours.  See you all in two weeks - 27 Feb (I may be late depending on getting back from my parents 50th wedding anniversary celebrations).

Indeed,  a good session Kevin. Apologies for dropping off suddenly, my battery died.

jerry

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

53 minutes ago, queensquare said:

Indeed,  a good session Kevin. Apologies for dropping off suddenly, my battery died.

jerry

I normally go until my battery almost dies. This morning it did well, maybe because it was only 15degC in the workshop, and I got called in to sort lunch first. 

• 2 weeks later...

The next ZAG is due this Saturday from 0900GMT.  

Time: Second and Fourth Saturdays of the Month from 0900 GMT

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83287616944?pwd=WGRnQkprN1IwcitVRm56OThtMUFVUT09

Meeting ID: 832 8761 6944

Passcode: 222372

The details above should get you in.  Looking forward to seeing what people have been up to these past two weeks.  

• 2 weeks later...