New Development Manager

truffy

• RMweb Gold

Fantastic news all round.

Congratulations to Graham and Chris. Looking forwards to seeing a productive working partnership. 

Let's hope the KMRC LSWR/SR/BR  0-4-4 O2 Class is in line for a chassis revamp as per recent EFE Rail releases as well ;)

Cheers, 

Mark 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

I was going to start a ‘now we know who to pester, can you make your next Ltd Ed the following...’. However it’s much more fun looking at the stock page on Chris’s website and seeing what is on there which isn’t RTR:

Ironclad carriages

LSWR H16

WD 2-10-0 (guaranteed at least one LMR version)

Urie G16

Marsh I3
Billington K

Maunsell Z

so which can we expect to be announced first.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, ovbulleid said:

I was going to start a ‘now we know who to pester, can you make your next Ltd Ed the following...’. However it’s much more fun looking at the stock page on Chris’s website and seeing what is on there which isn’t RTR:

Ironclad carriages

LSWR H16

WD 2-10-0 (guaranteed at least one LMR version)

Urie G16

Marsh I3
Billington K

Maunsell Z

so which can we expect to be announced first.....

I’m not sure that @Andy Y likes wish lists...  :) 

... but I already have everything you have listed in my collection... 

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

I’m not sure that @Andy Y likes wish lists...  :) 

... but I already have everything you have listed in my collection... 

Not forgetting a PD&SWJR 0-6-2T of course... 

;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent news. Congratulations Graham and thank you Chris for continuing to invest in your business. Great confidence in difficult times. Of course I’m looking forward to the railmotor, but I’m patient and I have confidence that this will be a great model worth waiting for. Keep up the great work and tempt us with other interesting and unusual models.

Rodger

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

For goodness sake let the chap get his feet under the desk before bombarding him with lists of locos you want. Historically Kernow have tended to be southern/western biased in their own commissions, I would not expect that to change immediately ( if at all). The best of luck to all concerned, I think we all look forward to thIs new venture, and if the past is anything to go by then it will indeed be great.

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, 7013 said:

For goodness sake let the chap get his feet under the desk before bombarding him with lists of locos you want. Historically Kernow have tended to be southern/western biased in their own commissions, I would not expect that to change immediately ( if at all). 

So it comes as a shock to all when I found out about Graham's enthusiasm for the sea ports of Anglia and the east coast on his own site.

Not sure Chris Trerise is ready for the first models out of this new stable - a set of Great Yarmouth low relief warehousing 

image.png.63a5dfae665c22e366b7e81915531805.png

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

When I first saw the announcement, I was scared that it might be someone else being given a second (or maybe third, forth, fifth) chance....

Happily no. Congratulations Graham. I'm always looking forwards to new products coming out the Kernow stable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

When I first saw the announcement, I was scared that it might be someone else being given a second (or maybe third, forth, fifth) chance....

Happily no. Congratulations Graham. I'm always looking forwards to new products coming out the Kernow stable.

As soon as Graham mentioned he had a new job about a month ago I figured it would be Kernow, it's an obvious coming together.

The other one burnt his bridges with the Class 74 fiasco let alone anything he did afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I would just like to add my congratulations and to say that there are already threads for people to make negative postings about "other individuals".

We really don't need to drag down what should be a good news story.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

The only negative I see is that perhaps Kernow's gain is Hornby's loss.

As a freelance consultant to the Model industry Graham could help ensure Hornby kept it's Southern models honest, like Tony W does with his assistance to them.

Would we have seen the ghastly livery on the ex LSWR brake van Hornby released earlier this year had they had Graham on a retainer.

Anyway, back on track, having Graham on board does show a intent by Kernow to build a brand and that can only be good for us modellers.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice one, hope he brings a new perspective.

I love KMRC and have been a customer on and off for years, but with some of the Commissions of existing toolings I’ve thought they would have a job shifting them,and I appear to be right , so I hope Muz can help that 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

In these uncertain times, sticking with what you know sells seems best. 4mm......

I'm pretty certain I'd buy both :D

But in a purely business perspective, you're probably right though may be those locos in 0 might sell if the pricing was in Dapol territory

Edited by woodenhead
spelling

• RMweb Premium

This is an interesting move by Kernow and one that will make the hobby certainly richer, in terms of variety. For which congratulations Graham @Graham_Muz, I wonder though if this could put Kernow onto the same path as Hatton’s and Rails and lead to disputes with certain manufacturers.

I am sure, Kernow have already thought about this and hopefully have a solution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1