Hornby website payments

CathcartCircle

Has anyone had trouble adding a payment card to this site. I got an email today telling me my Brighton Works terrier was available but that my card wasn’t allowing payment to be made. There is money on the card so I didn’t understand however I decided to add another card and it didn’t go through either so tried another and paypal and these Also don’t work. At a loss as to why! 

• RMweb Premium

Same here.  The e-mail suggests go to website and choose an alternative method of payment, then the website won't let you change.  I had to phone Hornby Customer Service earlier today to sort out my payment.   Orders always seem to go through without difficulty, but it seems there is often this problem with pre-orders.  Perhaps the authorisation which the bank gives for payment at the moment when you pre-order has expired by the time the item becomes available.

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, cessna152towser said:

Orders always seem to go through without difficulty, but it seems there is often this problem with pre-orders.  Perhaps the authorisation which the bank gives for payment at the moment when you pre-order has expired by the time the item becomes available.

Mmm maybe. Ordered Brighton Works last week using the same stored card details. Went through the Verified by Visa malarkey. Mail today saying payment failed. Like every single pre-order I've made.

If I order something in stock it just works fine.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, 30801 said:

Mail today saying payment failed. Like every single pre-order I've made.

If I order something in stock it just works fine.

Sounds like Cessna may be right then. I tend not pre-order direct from Hornby so this is kinda new having payments not go in but it's happened on both occasions, both on Tom Moore and Brighton have not gone in...

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Had the same email and tried to pay for the Club special. It wouldn't take any card so send a message to customer care. A very quick reply from them saying that they were having a problem with card payments for the special and to ring customer care in the morning to pay.

Hope that is helpful

Godfrey

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Had exactly the same problem with the club special Terrier that I only ordered last week, my card has funds and has not expired.  Tried to contact customer services several times this morning, but the line went dead on each occasion.  Will try again tomorrow, hopefully, with better luck, overall it is quite concerning.  Hope all get what they have ordered.

Cheers,

Aidan