GA Drawings of german DR class (Baureihe) 61 Henschel Wegmann

AchimK

Hello 

I have started researching the DR 61 Henschel Wegmann for a scratch build project in 00/1:76 scale.

I'm looking for technical drawings of the class. Any guidance on how to obtain one would be much appreciated.

With thanks and best regards.

• RMweb Premium

Nice choice of scale (seriously). Personally I'd recommend EM or P4 gauge but can imagine why you might prefer not.

Here's a CD with drawings on Ebay. I've seen these CDs recommended by others but not bought one myself (though tempted by the Prussian T3 and others): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CD-mit-Musterzeichnungen-zum-Nachbau-einer-Schnellzuglok-Baureihe-61/184408191040?hash=item2aef95b040:g:CBUAAOSwYIhWlCFL

Ben

Do you mean a DRG 61 001, which has a 4-6-4T wheel arrangement, or the other type, a DRG 61 002 with a 4-6-6T wheel arrangement?

Pages 10-13 inclusive, of the Eisenbahn Journal Dampflok Report Band 5 Baureihen 61-79, include photos and left hand side views of both locomotives.

A DVD including this book, is available, via VG Bahn.de, entitled EJ 01-99 Die Dampflok-Baureihen der DRG, DB und DR. Payment can be with Paypal.

On 19/08/2020 at 19:18, readingtype said:

Nice choice of scale (seriously). Personally I'd recommend EM or P4 gauge but can imagine why you might prefer not.

Here's a CD with drawings on Ebay. I've seen these CDs recommended by others but not bought one myself (though tempted by the Prussian T3 and others): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CD-mit-Musterzeichnungen-zum-Nachbau-einer-Schnellzuglok-Baureihe-61/184408191040?hash=item2aef95b040:g:CBUAAOSwYIhWlCFL

Ben

On 19/08/2020 at 19:39, dick rowland said:

Do you mean a DRG 61 001, which has a 4-6-4T wheel arrangement, or the other type, a DRG 61 002 with a 4-6-6T wheel arrangement?

Pages 10-13 inclusive, of the Eisenbahn Journal Dampflok Report Band 5 Baureihen 61-79, include photos and left hand side views of both locomotives.

A DVD including this book, is available, via VG Bahn.de, entitled EJ 01-99 Die Dampflok-Baureihen der DRG, DB und DR. Payment can be with Paypal.

Thank you all, very much appreciated. It's got to be 00 as the layout is (at the moment). I can see how EM or P4 would be much more fun and probably easier. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2020 at 19:18, readingtype said:

Ben

Hello Ben

I bought the CD from 'Harry's Modellshop 2000' near Berlin and it's rather good I think (no expert). About 270Mbyte of data including very detailed drawings e.g. a main general assembly drawing measuring 9800 by 4500 pixels. That's massive. There are also detailed engineering drawings of parts (e.g. cylinders, break rod assembly, ash box, ...). Looks like you could build the real thing from them if you ask me (again, no expert).

2 downsides:

Some drawings appear to have been copied a few times before being scanned. All numbers remain visible and legible though.

The text included and the scans from publications about the prototype (including what appears to be the original manual from 1936) are in german.

I'm very happy with them for £28 pounds including shipping. Better than in excess of £100 for Alfred Gottwaldt's (probably excellent) book, which is hard to find.

Many thanks for the tip.

On 21/08/2020 at 10:47, rekoboy said:

Dampflok Archiv 3 (Seiten 13-17) (Transpress DDR/Alf Teloeken BRD) is a good resource.

Thanks again rekoboy, 

I believe I have found this as a pdf via Google search.

Best wishes, thanks again.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...