Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K - If you haven't taken the plunge, have a look...

I've posted about this on my main workbench thread but I wanted to also put this gratuitous plug here for everyone else interested in 3D printing to see, because, as part of my purchase I now qualify to get a free bottle of resin for any referrals I can generate!   So with that said...

I've been using an Anycubic Photon (actually a Fauxton) since March and I've *LOVED* what it can do.   You can see the result in my thread (see my .sig below), however I just decided to get myself an early birthday present by pre-ordering an even better printer at almost the same cost as the Photon.

Phrozen, a Taiwanese company, is currently offering an early-bird special pricing to the first 1,000 customers who pre-order their new printer, the Sonic Mini 4K.   The Printer will start shipping in late September on a first-come, first served basis.

spacer.png

It features a larger 6.1" screen (135 x 75mm) compared to my Anycubic Photon's 5.5" screen (115 x 65mm) - which will finally allow me to print single-piece N gauge Mk1 coaches on the flat print bed (well, sans the coach connectors which I just have to make as separate pieces).   Additionally it looks like it will be able to operate at around 4x the speed of my Photon too (just 1-2 second layer exposure times!), using their own (cheaper) gray coloured resin, which will allow me to print a lot more test parts, which has been the major delay factor in my recent Gresley RTS development project.   And the screen is suppose to last 2,000 hours instead of just 400.   All in all, I'm hoping it will deliver some serious improvements - at least until I build my own 17" version (yes, that's another project I'm working on).

Oh, and it has an X-Y pixel resolution of 722 PPI compared to my Photon's 534 PPI, so it's 35% better horizontal resolution in both directions, with the Z axis having 5x better resolution with as little as 0.01mm layer heights.

They have a special offer right now as this printer is brand new and will only start shipping in late September:   The first 1,000 customers can pre-order it with this special offer pricing.

I live in Florida, so my pricing is all in US dollars.   Obviously, UK pricing will be a bit different, but I understand the offer is for all customers both inside and outside of Taiwan, Phrozen's country of origin- just adjust your currency on their website, as appropriate.

The offer is to pre-order it for $299, which is $30 below normal, and for just $1 extra they supply it with 1kg of resin (worth $29.99) and a spare FEP film (worth $20) too.   Oh, and they're doing a special half-price shipping cost until the end of the month for any of their printers, at just $29.99.

Feel free to take a look for yourself, and if you do decide to buy it please use my link below so I get a bottle of free resin!

Let me say thank you in advance to anyone who does! :drink_mini:

http://phrozen3dp.refr.cc/rosstierney

I hereby return you to your previously scheduled programming...

Ross.

Edited by RBTKraisee
  • Informative/Useful 2