First of a series of 4mm buildings based on Barmouth for Alan Buttler. 

Ticket office.

C4B3EBBA-2D69-4E7E-BACB-4A41FF7BD30E.jpeg.a16ca1d413c4ef39efc8a2a219f1287a.jpeg9781A209-FC5A-4FFD-B5A1-EC73B95BDD36.jpeg.9a95820f5758e22ae3de7b3d9364deee.jpeg01E56007-917F-4AEF-BE65-97267DEC254E.jpeg.0369031e6aae762bb22c2d74cef885c9.jpegA3938FC6-EC7C-4C6D-A2C1-0C6C40C364D1.jpeg.08dc69f91883cfc5ee68264b7b969b89.jpeg

I don’t like the overscaje corrugated roof so will charge that for something better otherwise just Paint and no doubt 3D printed finials to fitted to complete. 

Signal box next.. 

Edited by BrushType4
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold

Ooops! Having re-checked my post, it seems some of information has gone askew. The Taff Vale rooms had a different roof structure and outline. 

Apologies for any confusion caused, and I'll delete my previous post.

Cheers,

Ian.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 21:27, puffingbilly51 said:

Just had a look through catalogue of the kits. Must say they do look good, but my goodness what a price!

Quality does cost ..... but it looks good.

Or have a bash yourself, this hobby has never been so well supported these days, the range of kits or materials seems almost endless.

Best regards

Craig.

Edited by muddys-blues
correcting poor grammar, it's been a long day !!
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 22:36, Holby Railway said:

as somebody that needs 3 boxes on my line, im wondering where / how can i get Barmouth Box, im also wondering if anybody could build Bentley Heath Box for me, my late Father worked there, and im lucky to have several photos of it

Hi, visit my shop at www.intentio.shop and I'd be happy to take a commission for Bentley Heath Box.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BrushType4 said:

Hi, visit my shop at www.intentio.shop and I'd be happy to take a commission for Bentley Heath Box.

That does look a very nice and compact box but with the outside toilet, finials etc.  Very nice.

I may well drop you an order early next year for a kit, even though it will probably only go on a photography plank with a couple of Crosville buses parked up by it. 

A rather nice LNWR box, sort of one size down from the Bachmann Scenecraft version would like nice too. 

Wouldn't be a commission though.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 22:36, Holby Railway said:

as somebody that needs 3 boxes on my line, im wondering where / how can i get Barmouth Box, im also wondering if anybody could build Bentley Heath Box for me, my late Father worked there, and im lucky to have several photos of it .

Straying off topic , as a Shirley (solihull) resident would love to see the Bentley Heath images of they are shareable 

Edited by sidmouth

On 16/11/2020 at 22:53, BrushType4 said:

I’ve got several LNWR style boxes in 7mm so they will be available in 4mm at some point. Not sure when though. 

are you able to let us know which LNWR ./ LMS / LMR boxes for 7mm as a "taster" please ?

end of an era, went down there by bus not long after i couldnt stand it, the box always stood out at the end of slater road, the dairy is now a housing estate, and my dads house has been rebuilt, i cant go down there anymore, it hurts, i spent 20 years down there as a child - its not the place i grew up in anymore

On 21/11/2020 at 00:23, Holby Railway said:

end of an era, went down there by bus not long after i couldnt stand it, the box always stood out at the end of slater road, the dairy is now a housing estate, and my dads house has been rebuilt, i cant go down there anymore, it hurts, i spent 20 years down there as a child - its not the place i grew up in anymore

Totally get your sentiment.

I spent 21 years working at Bescot and lived and breathed the place particularly in the 1980s when I was single.  To see the infrastructure from that time be progressively demolished - new TMD, old steam shed, Down Tower, upside admin block etc, it was quite disappointing, but I am a philosophlcal bloke and I tend to accept that new HAS to replace old, even though it is not necessarily better. 

• Agree 1