Barm Model Productions - Where No CAD has gone before

Howdy good people!

Its been a good while since my last post, though its understandably been a rough year all around. I figure though its time for a clean slate thread to record my modelling ventures in AutoCAD, which is taking me to interesting things I don't many would ever have expected to see as kits. 

While some might be familiar with my own Shapeways shop, I have been working to produce models from home to work around the moderately obnoxious price hikes. My current slate includes a number of LBSCR prototypes, along well as a small number of Early American things. Im quite happy with a few resents on this list, Ill admit ive had quite a bit of fun with the earlier era stuff! (You'll no doubt find a significant lack of pre 1930's freight cars options in HO)

Presently backlog calls, but I wont let this spot go cold for long... I hope

Peace!

Edited by Javier L
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy all!

Had finished a print of some new American stock I recently finished in CAD, a pair of flatcars by a company Harlan & Hollingsworth about 1860~ish. 

FCBB3CDD-7A77-41F3-A7DB-B9C2D4B10560.jpeg

DD0E68A9-5D20-4477-BDB5-982EBE11BBC7.jpeg

B630D35C-6488-4AD6-9AFB-46742C4F4B61.jpeg

A similar kit to this was once available by Alkem Kits in HO, but its been discontinued recently from what I understand.

The cars have come out okay, though a bit of wedging has occurred on the undersides of both (Either from stretched FEP film on the photon, or its a botch job in adding supports on my part). Thankfully not too severe that I’d have to trash the models, a bit of filing them flush has helped; they still need the low areas to be filled.

A5B4C3B9-958A-4E35-9FD0-C413DAF75656.jpeg

This has got me thinking however that I should I adjust my print settings, which I haven't really played with since I got the machine about a year ago. Perhaps someone has suggestions

Best

Javier

Edited by Javier L
  • Like 2