My Bachmann 66s

With new lights, theres a new look to some 66s out there, and seeing that the Bachmann 66 lights was already wanting I have set about upgrading some of my fleet and yes still retain the red rear lights as can be seen on the first two pics

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 09.28.35.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 09.29.10.png

Screen_Shot_2020-08-21_at_09_32_16.png

Screen_Shot_2020-08-21_at_09_32_36.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 09.30.35.png

Edited by Triumph1050
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

What is the white bit on the front of 66152? Looks like a handrail that's melted.

Not sure what its called Bartram but its to do when using  the coupling Think it swings out to take the weight of the knuckle thats held of to one side when not in use. Here a pic of the real thing and you can see now the new lights. Fiddly to fit, was in the detail bag that most modellers don't bother to fit but I like to.

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 09.28.50.png

Edited by Triumph1050

• 1 year later...
On 21/08/2020 at 12:06, Triumph1050 said:
On 21/08/2020 at 12:00, bartram108 said:

What is the white bit on the front of 66152? Looks like a handrail that's melted.

Not sure what its called Bartram but its to do when using  the coupling Think it swings out to take the weight of the knuckle thats held of to one side when not in use.

Its the uncoupling lever for the buckeye. The weight of the buckeye is all taken by the drawgear fixing point, same as the hook for the screw link coupling. The buckeye swings out when in use, pushing the hook to the side.

Jo

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As steadfast says it’s for the buckeye, it’s basically a lever that is attached by a steel wire to the securing drop pin in the buckeye, known as the “Donkeys head” due to its shape

pulling the vertical lever to the outside of the buffer will raise the donkeys head (basically the top of the pin) and release it so when you pull away the jaw will open, when coupling the opposite is required, the jaw is open with the donkeys head up and when you couple the jaw closes and it will drop into position, if it doesn’t then you have to pull away and try again 

the other thing to watch is when you swing the buckeye back into its stowed position (on a 66 and 67) there isn’t bunch room between the coupling jaw and bufferhead and it’s very easy to trap your hand between them and it’s not a light thing to stop with your fingers once it starts moving, not done it myself thankfully!

sorry to go off topic too