Hornby Britannia w/ sound- function list?

buckleywells

• RMweb Premium

I recently bought a secondhand Hornby R2992xs No 70040, Clive of India, unfortunately not including the list of functions on the chip. I have been to Hornbys website, but without success.

I believe the model dates from 2012 or thereabouts. 

Can anyone help?

• RMweb Premium
On 22/08/2020 at 20:36, buckleywells said:

I recently bought a secondhand Hornby R2992xs No 70040, Clive of India, unfortunately not including the list of functions on the chip. I have been to Hornbys website, but without success.

I believe the model dates from 2012 or thereabouts. 

Can anyone help?

Yes, I can.  Also I can confirm it's a Loksound V4.0 decoder. 

Functions are (quoted exactly in Hornby's words, which are a little strange sometimes!):

F0 - Not applicable

F1 - Sound on/off

F2 - Whistle long

F3 - Coupler

F4 - Whistle short

F5 - Injector

F6 - Shunting mode

F7 - Coal shovelling

F8 - Cylinder blow out

F9 - Safety valve

F10 - Curve squeal

F11 - Rail clank

F12 - Conductor's signal

F13 - Sand

F14 - Air pump (slow)

F15 - Air pump (fast)

Hope that sorts you out.  However, since you say you can't get it from Hornby, if you want a pdf copy or a photocopy of the R2992XS operating manual I'd be happy to help.

Pete T.

In terms of programing, LokSound v4 manuals for specific locos are available on the Honrby Website (as well as the full Loksound), and this will probably help with any deeper technical tinkering. The Britannia is missing, and non of the other steam locos have the same functions.

https://www.Hornby.com/us-en/downloads/view/index/cat/30/

I don't know what the rules on RMWeb are re uploading a direct copy of the Britannia leaflet, probably frowned upon.

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I don't know what the rules on RMWeb are re uploading a direct copy of the Britannia leaflet, probably frowned upon.

Thank you for the advice, G-BOAF, and I did think about that aspect while typing my post.  Aside from my engineering work I've also worked as a technical illustrator for nearly 40 years, so thinking about, dealing with and chasing up copyright and associated issues is far from lost on me.  However, on this occasion, creating a copy of an obsolete document that the publisher has no interest in making available to give to someone for their own personal use, to replace a mislaid original, without commercial loss to the copyright holder and without technical liability, is surely not a problem (certainly wouldn't be to Hornby).  Might be, if I was making available copies to all and sundry, but I wouldn't be doing that; I'm just trying to help out a fellow modeller.

I realise ESU's own Loksound 4.0 manual is available to download from Hornby's site, but I think we could agree it's 80-odd pages of often very heavy reading if you're just looking for the basics to set up and operate your loco - that's why I offered the Hornby Britannia manual/leaflet.

Pete T.

1 hour ago, PJT said:

Thank you for the advice, G-BOAF, and I did think about that aspect while typing my post.  Aside from my engineering work I've also worked as a technical illustrator for nearly 40 years, so thinking about, dealing with and chasing up copyright and associated issues is far from lost on me.  However, on this occasion, creating a copy of an obsolete document that the publisher has no interest in making available to give to someone for their own personal use, to replace a mislaid original, without commercial loss to the copyright holder and without technical liability, is surely not a problem (certainly wouldn't be to Hornby).  Might be, if I was making available copies to all and sundry, but I wouldn't be doing that; I'm just trying to help out a fellow modeller.

I realise ESU's own Loksound 4.0 manual is available to download from Hornby's site, but I think we could agree it's 80-odd pages of often very heavy reading if you're just looking for the basics to set up and operate your loco - that's why I offered the Hornby Britannia manual/leaflet.

Pete T.

Sorry I wasn't suggesting  you would be violating copyright through posting on here in public. I knew it would be a PM to the OP.

I was musing on the possiblity of making it publically downloadable from RMWeb to fill the gap on the Hornby website, which as we both agree, would not be on.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Sorry I wasn't suggesting  you would be violating copyright through posting on here in public. I knew it would be a PM to the OP.

Oh, no problem; perhaps we both misunderstood each other a bit.     

I'll tell you what, though, with the number of secondhand locos that are sold without their manuals, service sheets or their detailing/accessory bags, there must be a hell of a lot of now largely useless bits of paper and anonymous sets of steps, draincocks and brake rods cluttering up drawers in modellers' homes!

Pete T.