Selected My RhB Equipment...again.

MichaelE

Today I finally decided on my RhB equipment and have purchased through MSL this time.  I don't have order confirmation yet as something happened during the ordering process. I completed the order and it was accepted and my bank account was immediately charged, but, my shopping cart still remains with the items I selected and there is no current order information. I do not know what happened and it has not happened with past orders. I guess I'll find out Monday some time. I sent a couple of emails explaining the problem so hopefully they can sort it out on their end.

Anyway, I selected the Abe 4/4 #53 Tirano with sound:

332949_c.jpg

An AB 1546 EW I BB 1st Class/2nd Class coach:

320859_c.jpg

and finally, an open tourist car with Preiser figures:

290712_c.jpg

This will be an addition to the 2nd Class standard coach I bought from a seller on ebay when I was laying the narrow gauge rail.

I will one day still get the Allegra, but not if MSL doesn't carry it.

DpkUKB7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

MSL seems to have straightened out the problem with my account. The order now appears in My MSL and the Frau said it will ship in a day or two. I hope to not have any problems with UPS as I did with USPS once it gets to the States.

Today I received an email from Union Modellbahn from whom I ordered the Bemo Allegra.

They wrote to tell me they had received it in the morning post. The USPS here in the States sent it back. No note or explanation was included. More incompetency from the US Postal Service. I even received an apology some weeks ago from the USPS for "...irretrievably losing..."  my package and how they hoped this "...didn't cause any inconvenience...". Then had the gall to add they hoped they could continue to serve my needs in the future. Right.

A case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand has done. Incompetency at its finest.

If anyone wants a Bemo Allegra just back from its first World Tour, contact Union Modellbahn.

Before jumping the gun on the USPS, ask the sender for a picture of the package to verify the mailing address and legibility of the address. I have received packages from overseas where the label isn’t worded like the US. For instance, a Swiss address lists the street name first, address number second. Postal code is listed before the city. American mail sorters don’t like that.

If the address is in place and legible, then you can gripe.

No, I do not work for the USPS.

Edited by MOB FAN

Nearly, if not all, packages I have received from Europe, including those from MSL, ebay sellers, and sporting goods stores all have the street name before the house number. I have never had a problem from other shippers going through US mail, but I will not be using it anymore.

The destination addresses are all computer printed these days, usually right from the shipping company's web site. I haven't seen a hand written address label in years.

This is the first time after many years of overseas purchases that this has ever happened. 

• RMweb Premium

The address format should never be a problem as most of the sorting is done by machine-read barcodes.  If human sorters and delivery staff can't understand a label with an address in a different format, there's a problem in the education system.

I've had exceptional service from Modellbahn Union recently, an order placed at 1326 Friday was delivered by DHL to me near Edinburgh at 1047 on Monday, and another order at 1155 Sunday arrived on Wednesday at 1158.  My experience with other German suppliers (Lippe, Huenerbein, Modell Exclusiv, etc) has all been very good - quick service, good selection and better prices than the UK outlets. I've found mail order from Switzerland also works well, although the prices can be high and , if sent by post rather than courier, the UK customs clearance can be slow and expensive. Usual disclaimer, no connection with any of these companies other than as a satisfied customer.

After further communication with UM, I was told that they are now using the same UPS Express Saver to the States as MSL has been using. I wish that option had been in place four months ago. The price is the same for DHL or UPS and I would take UPS door-to-door service any day over multiple carriers handing packages off to one another, going through Customs, etc.

On another note, my new RhB equipment is currently on a UPS truck enroute to my house for delivery today. 

After the track is proofed I can finally start installing catenary and get on with the scenery. It's been a long four+ months.

Company I do a lot of work for has sent hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of stuff to the USA over the last 3 years, almost all via DHL couriers, only issue we ever had was an over zealous customs official who ripped the packing apart with a knife effectively destroying the contents, but apparently you can't claim for damage from US customs so they can do what they like ....

I'm pleased to say that my hand laid third rail for HOm has been a success. The new Bemo equipment ran flawlessly all the way around the layout without a hitch. 

I had some concern when the first piece I took out of the box immediately derailed after only a couple of inches of movement, but that was due to a wheel set not being correctly seated in the truck bolsters. I guess it happened in transit or was never correctly installed by Bemo. After fixing that it ran beautifully.

I am very impressed with the amount of detailing on these models and this won't be my last Bemo. Very nice models.

Now I can finally install the catenary and finish the scenery in and around this area. I didn't expect the trackwork to turn out as good as it did. It was actually perfect.

Here is a short clip of it running around the layout and a few stills. 

Py5F0NX.jpg

SZkMS4J.jpg

v1BIwTv.jpg

THOBvyX.jpg

BG9oQZb.jpg

3r748fv.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Hi Michael,

Really glad your shipment arrived safe and that this story has a happy ending!

The ABe 4/4 looks like a

lovely model and well at home on your layout. 

Ian

• Like 1